Do you recognize any of these toys???

The place to ask your Cracker Jack Prize questions. (Open to All)
CJAAAJ

Re: Do you recognize any of these toys???

Post by CJAAAJ »

Hello, larrydw :hiya:

I mentioned in my last post to this thread that only those two tools were used by The Cracker Jack Company for prizes in their produce, Cracker Jack in 1956.
Looking at my notes of the Cracker Jack Archives these two tools were the only ones used for Cracker Jack Prizes. Looking at the cost per thousand they did cost about a dollar more than the other prizes at the time. I mentioned in my former post that perhaps the small size also played a factor in only using these two tools. Until a definitive reason shows up the only fact we have is that these two tools were used by The Cracker Jack Company in 1956 everything else is IMHO. :geek:

CJAAAJ :ugeek:
THE MORE YOU COLLECT, THE MORE YOU WANT!
larrydw

Post by larrydw »

Hello Alex,
Thanks for the info. Interesting that CJ would have opted for a more expensive prize. I can see the working vs. non-working, but then I would have gone with the pocket knife. Who knows their reasoning?????
bsamu1

Post by bsamu1 »

I came across an image of a gumball header card from Eppy which was a company that made plastic charms that also used the tools as gumball prizes. I have a few extra loose ones for sale or trade if interested.

Bruce

See the site below for lots of info on gumball charms (source of image below)
http://www.gumballcharm.com/_pages/intro.html
Attachments
eppycard.png
eppycard.png (432.9 KiB) Viewed 8034 times
latinedi

Post by latinedi »

I have checked online the CJ toys on eBay. I have found great deal on buying cracker jack toys- I could have collectibles items as well! It's simply amazing!
Jeffrey Maxwell

Post by Jeffrey Maxwell »

The two lenticulars in the top row of the photo were made by VariVue, the main period was from the mid-1950s to the mid-1960s. These were marketed in bulk, as well as attached individually to an uncountable number of souvenir and gift items around the world. Although these are not Cracker Jack, VariVue made similar items for CJ. When I purchased archive items of the Optigraphics Corporation, a licensee of VariVue technology and producer of lenticular prizes for Cracker Jack in the 1980s, there were a number of samples of VariVue products like these included. My lenticular collection, including unique company sample books, is one of the few collections I did not sell before I moved to South America, probably never will.