Optical Delusion Cracker Jack Prize

The place to ask your Cracker Jack Prize questions. (Open to All)
Myron Bolitar

Optical Delusion Cracker Jack Prize

Post by Myron Bolitar »

Hello, My first post and sorry if the pictures come out too large or not at all – I really want you all to see this.
I am wondering if anyone has seen this type of Cracker Jack prize before? I found it in the pages of an old book (a really old book) and would like to know the history. Thanks in advance,
Terry (Myron is one of my favorite fictional characters)

jdnola

Re: Optical Delusion Cracker Jack Prize

Post by jdnola »

This is a card, right? Or is it a book?
Myron Bolitar

Post by Myron Bolitar »

Yes, just a card (not really card stock though). The paper is a little heavier than regular copy paper. The pictures are front and back.
Thanks for asking.
CJAAAJ

Post by CJAAAJ »

Myron Bolitar wrote:Yes, just a card (not really card stock though). The paper is a little heavier than regular copy paper. The pictures are front and back.
Thanks for asking.
Hi, Myron Bolitar :hiya:

With your further clarification on your Cracker Jack artifact I believe what you have is the back cover of a Cracker Jack booklet from the early 20th Century. Does the "card" have more wear on the left side (staples marks) than the right? :|p I seem to see staples marks from your picture.

Thanks,
CJAAAJ :nutty:
THE MORE YOU COLLECT, THE MORE YOU WANT!
Myron Bolitar

Post by Myron Bolitar »

No staple marks, but it does look like perforation. You know like when you pull something apart where its been precut for you (like a coupon). But it very well could be part of a book.
Thanks for the input. It also looks quite big to be a cracker jack prize - 2-1/2" x 3-1/2". Or maybe they were larger back then. If it came out of a book, do you know where I could see a prize that was a book that would have had these puzzles in it?
I might just have to buy that book that has all the cracker jack prizes and see if I can come close to the era.
Thanks again,
Terry