|Is this in series E-7800?
|Page 1 of 1|
|Author:||spudgy [ Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:39 am ]|
|Post subject:||Is this in series E-7800?|
I've looked for this piece in all the books I have but I can't find it. My guess is that it has to be a CrackerJack and it looks like it should fit in with the E-7800 series in Larry White's CD but it's not listed there. Can anyone tell me for sure if it's CJ and if so, which series it's in? It's about the right size compared with the other pieces in series E-7800 and the base has two hexagonal feet. Thanks.
|Author:||Jeffrey Maxwell [ Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:57 pm ]|
|Post subject:||Re: Is this in series E-7800?|
I have seen this prize before. I don't believe it to be Cracker Jack. Here are my reasons:
1. It is smaller and lighter weight than the Z-1080 prizes.
2. I have bought many large accumulations (sometimes as many as 100 -- good ole Kane County Toy Show) of the Z-1080 prizes in the past, and this was not a part of them.
3. I have seen this prize grouped with other prizes similar to it that are def not Cracker Jack.
4. I believe it to be a dime store toy, or (less likely) a cake decoration.
5. Your toy is seldom seen in the secondary marketplace (now that I have said it, watch 30 eBay sellers list it this week) -- as opposed to the Z-1080 prizes, of which there were many millions made for The Cracker Jack Co. Unfortunately "scarcity" does not drive value without "demand."
6. I have never seen any of the toys related to this one in COSI photos.
I know I had some examples of this prize, along with others that it goes with, but I regret that I cannot put my hands on them right now. I am suffering from being stuffocated. See my episode on "Hoarders: Buried Alive" in February.
|Page 1 of 1||All times are UTC - 6 hours|
|Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group