tank or halftrack

The place to ask your Cracker Jack Prize questions. (Open to All)
LittleRockRob

Re: tank or halftrack

Post by LittleRockRob »

Did it look like one of these? They are some of my favorites, -Rob
Luke, those MPC are great!
Attachments
right%20small.jpg
right%20small.jpg (122.28 KiB) Viewed 10240 times
left%20small.jpg
left%20small.jpg (122.26 KiB) Viewed 10240 times
Cyndy Boesch

Post by Cyndy Boesch »

I believe the Half Track is in the second picture, second row, 3rd one from the left. Is this the piece you remember? Cracker Jack did a series that included put-together tanks. I have: 40 mm. Gun, 155 mm.Gun, Tank, Jeep and the Half Track.
toyer

Post by toyer »

Sorry I have not responded sooner, back surgery, take care of your backs, you do not want to go through what I just did! Boy we are getting close, my memory is the halftrack bottom with a tank turret from the left hand tanks, I prob. had both and switched the turrets. Many thanks, I was beginning to think it was a dream. Can a CJ book be recommended that pictures them? I would like to buy one, are they rare and hard to find? Many Thanks!
Cyndy Boesch

Post by Cyndy Boesch »

Hope your back is on the mend and glad to jog those great old memories. Cracker Jack only used "put-togethers" as prizes for a few years in the mid 60's and there is no comprehensive list (or book) that has them all. Even long time collectors run across new ones all the time. The 18th annual Convention was last week and at the selling tables I found several put-togethers I had never seen before and I have been collecting for 21 years. If you are a Cracker Jack Collectors Association member, you can access the Study Group and the Archives parts of this forum and there is a wealth of information there. Also, you will find that your fellow Cracker Jack collectors are just a bunch of kids who somehow got stuck in adult bodies and some of the nicest people on earth! You can always post a question (or a want list) on the forum. Watch ebay, too, but beware of some sellers who think anything small and plastic must be a Cracker Jack prize. I will keep my eyes open for a tank for you!
LittleRockRob

Post by LittleRockRob »

I only have one half-track, I tried to wiggle the turret so I could put a tank turret on and take a picture to see if that matches your memory, but it felt like it was glued on. Like Cindy said watch eBay, sorry I don't have a spare. -Rob.
Donovan

Post by Donovan »

There's one on ebay right now. A little pricy though, but definitely a scarcer prize.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-CRACKER ... 4ad69ab4ef