Beanie with Charms

The place to ask your Cracker Jack Prize questions. (Open to All)
mark

Beanie with Charms

Post by mark »

Good Morning,

I am finally cleaning out my father's war chest and came across this beanie with charms. They were kept in a clear plastic bag since at least his death in 1989. They appear to be cracker jack trinkets, but I'm clearly no expert and can't sem to find them anywhere on the internet. Please let me know if there is a market for these items or if they are just junk. Some appear to be in good shape while others are a bit broken or worn. I can send more pictures if anyone is interested.

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

-Mark
Attachments
photo.JPG
photo.JPG (108.18 KiB) Viewed 7322 times
image2a.jpg
image2a.jpg (105.3 KiB) Viewed 7322 times
Luke

Re: Beanie with Charms

Post by Luke »

Hi and welcome to the CJCA forums. I get easily confused when it comes from telling the difference from Cracker Jack charms from gumball machine charms. It all looks the same to me. Hopefully someone will have more info for you.

A few of your items caught my eye, as I've always loved old cartoons, so I did a little research on the web about them (see images below). They were gumball charms from the 1940's-1950s. On the back there should be a copyright symbol and the letters KFS, which stands for King Features Syndicate.

There is a market for them, although I don't believe you'll get very much money for them. You can look at auctions for gumball charms on eBay to get a feel for what you might get. http://www.ebay.com/bhp/gumball-charms Although, I don't think it'll be worth parting with an object that once held meaning for a family member.

ImageImageImage
mark

Re: Beanie with Charms

Post by mark »

Thanks for you help. I will ask others if they are interested, but likely they are not. I would rather someone enjoy them that collects them then for them to sit in a trunk for another 25 years. You have a great site here. Lots of helpful information. Keep up the great work!!

Kind regards,

-Mark