Indian Chief Charm

The place to ask your Cracker Jack Prize questions. (Open to All)
spudgy

Indian Chief Charm

Post by spudgy »

Okay, fellow CJ'ers, I'm fairly certain I remember getting one of these Indian Chief charms (red) in a box of Crackerjacks decades ago but I'm not sure if my memory is playing tricks on me (it does that these days). It's too big to be a bubble-gum toy. I sometimes see them on eBay and frequently they will be in a batch with other similar size charms. I remember seeing a boot, a saddle, and a trunk on eBay. Can anyone tell me for sure if this and the others are CJ?

Thanks!
Attachments
Indian Charm.jpg
Indian Charm.jpg (77.97 KiB) Viewed 8374 times
Donovan

Re: Indian Chief Charm

Post by Donovan »

I believe this is a Cracker Jack piece based on the size similarity with various other large plastic charms that are definitely CJ like the sea horse, bumblebee, etc. It also is frequently seen with nice marbling like CJ pieces but which is usually (or never) seen in bubble gum or other charms.

The CJ reference book lists F-0400-1 as an Indian Chief charm which I believe is supposed to be this piece.
spudgy

Re: Indian Chief Charm

Post by spudgy »

Thanks, Donovan.

The color and slight marbling seem to confirm it, so I'm going to call this F-0440-1 and add it to my collection. If anyone has proof that it isn't or remembers getting one in a CJ box I hope they'll post a comment.