Really small NOSCO indian

The place to ask your Cracker Jack Prize questions. (Open to All)
Donovan

Really small NOSCO indian

Post by Donovan »

This piece has me stumped. I've never seen anything like it. It's only about 2/3rds as big as the normal NOSCO piece from this set, Z-1144. It says NOSCO on the base and the base is the same size as the regular piece. The base is warped though. I guess it's possible it could be heat shrunk, but it seems hard to believe it would shrink in proportion to the original size. I dunno.

Anyone have any thoughts?
Attachments
IMG_1226.JPG
IMG_1226.JPG (66.89 KiB) Viewed 10157 times
Luke

Re: Really small NOSCO indian

Post by Luke »

I think the prize sat in a hot window or an attic with just enough heat to make it malleable, and over time gravity did the rest.

I love how the long arm holding the tomahawk shortened considerably, and how gravity pulled the other arm (the extended arm) downwards, and that then pulled the head and torso to the left with it.

I would expect that thinner pieces of the prize would be more effected by heat and gravity than the thicker parts of the prize. That seems to be the case when looking at the arms, head-dress and waist of the Indian, as well as the once thin legs of the horse.

Pure conjecture on my part, and it would be fun to experiment with a few spare prizes.

LittleRockRob

Post by LittleRockRob »

Hot reply Luke, I suppose it's possible, but I would need more evidence. There are several prizes that come in small and large versions.
Luke

Post by Luke »

Donovan, could you post pictures of both prizes from a side view so we can compare the thickness?

LittleRockRob, At first I thought they were just a small and large version of the same prize. After looking at it, only the height seems smaller, but the length is the same, and appears to be squashed (parts of it misshaped). Which is why I came up with my wild theory of heat and gravity shrinkage. I've been wrong before, and love coming up with crazy theories, perhaps I identified too much with Fox Mulder from the X Files.

Even though it's a relatively cool summer, I'm going to put a few prizes out in the garage, and see if over time they get shorter.