It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:53 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:03 pm 

Here is a photograph of a sign that was copyright 1900 by F.W. Rueckheim & Bro.. Eckstein's name is added, perhaps later, in the dark area at the lower left. I have this sign (in color 15" x 18") on a large old store tin that opens at the top. I found this photograph included in either a 1970s or 1980s Borden Cracker Jack Press Kit. Maybe it was in both, I can not remember. Around the border is a scroll design with early Cracker Jack boxes. In the center is a Victorian woman and child scene. The young girl has a box of Cracker Jack in her lap, but she is reaching for her Mothers. This is a clean example in the photo, but the few signs like this that I have actually seen have been badly damaged.

Ron Toth, Jr. - Charter Member #2

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:42 pm 

Hi, Ron

Thank you for sharing your pictures here and in other posts of the bygone era of the Cracker Jack Company. I have seen a poster like this one with the Eckstein name added as an overprint. This makes sense because the Company's name was not changed until 1902 when Henry Eckstein was made a partner of the firm.

This photo appears in all the press kits issued by Borden, Inc. from late 1960's to 1998! :ugeek:

CJAAAJ :D