New prizes

This is a general discussion forum. (Open to All)
trowe

New prizes

Post by trowe »

While shopping the other day I came across a new Cracker Jack Package with new prizes. (at least new to me) The package is an 8.5 oz. package with red and white stripes (3 of each) from side to side like a flag with a blue banner in the upper left corner which states new prize inside. The prizes (I only have 4 so far) are baseball related. The prize has a black cover instead of the usual red and white. Inside is a sticker with a cartoon character and a baseball related statement such as "catch the ball", "go ahead and throw the curve", "step up to the plate" and "knocked it silly". I think Fritolay has finally figured out that the way to sell more Cracker Jack is to put the new prizes in ever larger packages. These packages sell for $1.89.

Tom Rowe
CJAAAJ

Re: New prizes

Post by CJAAAJ »

Hi, Tom

Thanks for this information on these different Cracker Jack prizes! :humbsip:

CJAAAJ :nutty:
THE MORE YOU COLLECT, THE MORE YOU WANT!
dianep2

Post by dianep2 »

Yes, thank you, Tom. It is nice to know there is something new out there. I can't wait to start looking for them. :)
Luke

Post by Luke »

I can't wait to open these up to see the new prizes.
Luke

Post by Luke »

I think I have the same 4 as Tom
Knocked it Silly!
Go Ahead, Throw the Curve
Step Up to the Plate
Catch Me If You Can
dianep2

Post by dianep2 »

Hello All,

I finally found time to investigate the new series of stickers. Because I thought I was going to be frantically searching for a series of probably a dozen stickers, I purchased 36 boxes of CJ from my local Dollar Tree store where a pack of three boxes cost just $1.00. I eagerly rushed home and began opening the 36 boxes to discover just 4 different prizes, the same four, Luke and Tom found. That was easy. I am confident I have the whole series after only one shopping trip and $9.00. Of course, I also have a nice collection of dups. I was also pleased with the distribution of the four prizes. I pretty much have an equal number of the four different prizes.

Guess everyone I know will be getting Zip Loc bags of CJ in their Easter baskets. :?
dianep2

Post by dianep2 »

Oh, I forgot to mention, I do not like Sailor Jack and Bingo's new look. I think Jack looks better in blue than white and how come Bingo has both of his eyes ringed in brown now. That's just not right. I do not accept change well.
CJCAANNIE

Post by CJCAANNIE »

Hi Sister Di. I have to disagree with you on this one. To me the graphics are fresh and new. To the target audience (18-32 years old) they're more relatable characters than the Jack & Bingo varieties we have come to love. If it means continuing the brand in its original form and, of course, with a prize I have to support it. It's so good to see they are still trying to make the brand work. It's a new world and a new audience. IMVHO
%)h
Luke

Post by Luke »

Sister Di, I gave all my Cracker Jack to the many squirrels in my yard.

As for the graphic change, I was very happy to see it. Not because I liked the way it looks, but because that means Frito-Lay is spending money on the brand. My biggest fear with a company as big as them, with so many products, that Cracker Jack will fall through the cracks and be forgotten/ignored.

I haven't downloaded the Blippar app to use on the prizes, but I guess I should look into that. Need to do an article for the next Prize Insider. :)
dianep2

Post by dianep2 »

Ann and Luke,

I sure appreciate your points of view and I am also glad to see Frito Lay giving some attention to the product but I don't know. I think they could have perked Jack and Bingo up a little without making them look like totally new characters. I didn't really like the way the new Jack has his hat pushed back on his head exposing his hair. I like the more military look with his hat squarely perched on his head and his salute. Guess I'm just being a grumpy old grandma. :roll: