Can anyone help this guy out with a Cracker Jack ring??

This is a general discussion forum. (Open to All)
Stewart Callner

Can anyone help this guy out with a Cracker Jack ring??

Post by Stewart Callner »

Hello to all...
I received this email today, and I'm including it here, along with his email address.
Maybe someone can help him out, with either a ring or advice, or both...
Regards,
Stewart
His email address is: dheale1@pride.hofstra.edu

I recently sent an email to Frito-lay inquiring about a cracker jack ring and they sent me to the Cracker Jack Collector's Association to find what I am looking for. As I'm sure you've gathered I am looking for a Cracker Jack ring. I am looking for a ring because I have been with my girlfriend for over three years and she always said that the only way we could get married was if she recieved a cracker jack ring. Since they no longer put rings as prizes in cracker jack my search continues. So in order to not get shot down in my proposal I was hoping you could point me in the right direction for finding a ring from one of your many devoted collectors. Any information you could give me would be helpful and I assure you, greatly appreciated. Thank You

Dan Healey
Colorado Springs, CO
Luke

Re: Can anyone help this guy out with a Cracker Jack ring??

Post by Luke »

I have a bunch of rings, and I'd gladly donate one for such a worthy cause. I need to sort through them to weed out the non CJ rings. Perhaps we should post pictures of the rings we have on this thread. Then he can choose the perfect one to give her. Let me start digging.
Luke

Post by Luke »

Here's what I've found in my collection. I've weeded out all of the gumball machine rings that I could. Could y'all look these over and let me know if any are not Cracker Jack rings?

I'm unsure of as few of them, such as...
... the seahorse ring, row 1 ring 2
... the brass bands, row 2 rings 3 & 4
... the "H" ring, row 3 ring 4

Row 1
Ring 1 - Plastic snap together rings 1970'S (Pina pg 74)
Ring 2 - Snap together ring 1950's - F-53?? - (White pg 146-147)
Ring 3 - Snap together ring 1950's - F-5300 - (White pg 146-147)
Ring 4 - (I don't think this one is a CJ ring)

Row 2
Ring 1 - metal band, split/overlapping ring, plastic jewel (White pg 147-148)
Ring 2 - metal band, split/overlapping ring, plastic jewel (White pg 147-148)
Ring 3 - (Pina pg 97)
Ring 4 - (Pina pg 97)

Row 3
Ring 1 - G-1200-8 Spaceship w/ lightning bolts (White pg 165)
Ring 2 - G-1200-15 Sailor Jack and Bingo (White pg 165)
Ring 3 - G-1220-6 Circle, rings, 4 lightning bolts
Ring 4 - Alphabet ring G-1210-8 (White pg 165) ???

larrydw

Post by larrydw »

Hello all,,
I would question Ro1 1, numbers 1 and 4; the rest are OK. i have a few of the pot metal rings from the '20s but these would be too early for the ring found in the movie (I forget what was the picture, but everyone who ever wants to duplicate the picture wants that type of ring).
Luke

Post by Luke »

Larry, Thank You! :)
Harrietj

Post by Harrietj »

For several years during the 1980's I answered questions for The Cracker Jack Co. from people who had written in requesting info or a prize. Many of the questions and requests were about the rings.

Most of the people wanted metal rings with a colored stone. One had been in a movie and I think it was Breakfast at Tiffany's. I would send them an "engagement" ring and always asked them to let me know if it worked. Never got a reply from anyone who said the ring did the job!

After the rings had been used for a while the company was notified by the govenment that they could not be put in the boxes any more. It was felt that they could be swallowed easily. The Cracker Jack Co. stopped inserting them in
boxes right away.

In any case I have attached a picture of 4 different rings. I will be happy to send them to you if you just reply to this website again. Your E mail address is included with your request.
Attachments
IMG_1260.JPG
IMG_1260.JPG (35.35 KiB) Viewed 14341 times
Luke

Post by Luke »

I sent Dan a ring a couple of weeks ago. I haven't heard anything from him yet. Hopefully, she will say yes.

I also I received an e-mail from someone in the UK, requesting a Cracker Jack ring. He should have it by the end of the week.

Harriet,
Those are very beautiful rings. I'm sure those will come in handy for a future suitor in need.
larrydw

Post by larrydw »

Hello Harriet et al,
I, too, have sent and sold many a ring to the man who was going to propose using the CJ ring - even had several who bought an appropriate box. I, too, have NEVER heard back from any of them. I would suppose that they were so ecstatic that the proposal was accepted, that they never bothered to tell me of the results. OK, I have never heard to the contrary, but I would suppose that if it did NOT work, that I would have heard about it.
Ah, love blooms eternal. . . . And I have a wilted rose!
KeatonHenson

Post by KeatonHenson »

Ok, I actually have just about as close to the same problem that this guy did. My girlfriend told me if she were ever going to get married she would want a crackerjack ring. I bought about 50 dollars worth of crackerjack before I found out they no longer sold the rings (Im an idiot, I know) and I have scavenged ebay looking for them. If anyone can help me out I would be willing to pay, trade, ANYTHING!!

Thank you so much for your time,
Keaton

P.S.
My email is Keaton_Henson@hotmail.com or if my address is easier;

34 West Side Sq
Macomb, IL 61455
DPennebaker

Post by DPennebaker »

You guys are saints on here......

I too have a girlfriend that absolutely adores Breakfast at Tiffany's. I personally have never seen the movie (partly strategic so that when I DO actually watch the movie, it will mean more to her), but I understand that the Cracker Jack ring holds a huge meaning in the storyline. She flipped when we actually went to the 5th Ave Tiffany store and for Valentine's Day I got her a necklace from there *ouch*.

I don't know how to use words right now, I'm too excited I found someone who has some. I'd gladly pay for it if someone could find it possible to send me a pink or red ring.

Email me: dmp274@gmail.com

Thank you SO much!

The things we do for the people we love.....

-Devin Pennebaker