Gold premiums

This is a general discussion forum. (Open to All)
Cyndy Boesch

Gold premiums

Post by Cyndy Boesch »

Hake's Auction #221 recently closed and in the lots for sale they had some non-Cracker Jack premiums from the Gold premium company. Most Cracker Jack collectors are familiar with the large number of prizes that Carey Cloud and John Craig did, but are less familiar with the hundreds produced by the Gold company, many of which were designed by John "Wally" Walworth. I have tried to find a Cracker Jack archive listing for the Gold company, but I don't think one exists. I have attached the short summary about the Gold's that was included in the Hake's listing. In the Study Group section of the forum, I will soon start a new topic for Gold prizes and invite you to post prizes or sets of prizes you know were produced by Gold Premium.
Attachments
GoldPremium page 1.jpg
GoldPremium page 1.jpg (219.26 KiB) Viewed 4906 times
GoldPremium page 2.jpg
GoldPremium page 2.jpg (47.26 KiB) Viewed 4906 times
Luke

Re: Gold premiums

Post by Luke »

Cyndy, the study group sounds like a great idea. I believe Ron Toth Jr was in contact with Gordon Gold a few years ago, (my memory is a bit hazy on this) he might have something to contribute to the discussion.

I'm always interested in learning new thing about the Gold family. I think the collaboration Carey Cloud had with Sam & Ira Gold in the early 30s, solidified Cloud's passion for creating toys.