What were the 60s animal snap togeathers called?

This is a general discussion forum. (Open to All)
edteach

What were the 60s animal snap togeathers called?

Post by edteach »

My Great Grandmother used to eat CJ and put the prizes on her shelf. She loved the ones that were the animal snaptogeathers. They were like stick figures for legs ect. I remember she had a Kangaroo and Hippo.
Cyndy Boesch

Re: What were the 60s animal snap togeathers called?

Post by Cyndy Boesch »

I think what you mean, are prizes that most collectors call "slotties". Gold premium made them, as a subset of a group of about 40 toys in a mold. Like most put-togethers, they are from the 1960's. They are flat pieces that are put together by connecting slots, hence the nickname. I know of 12 of them: giraffe, cow, elephant, kangaroo, lion, camel, pig, hippo, hen with a chick, lamb, bear, and ostrich. Does this sound like what you are thinking of? If so, reply and I will post one.
edteach

Post by edteach »

Cyndy Boesch wrote:I think what you mean, are prizes that most collectors call "slotties". Gold premium made them, as a subset of a group of about 40 toys in a mold. Like most put-togethers, they are from the 1960's. They are flat pieces that are put together by connecting slots, hence the nickname. I know of 12 of them: giraffe, cow, elephant, kangaroo, lion, camel, pig, hippo, hen with a chick, lamb, bear, and ostrich. Does this sound like what you are thinking of? If so, reply and I will post one.
sounds spot on.
edteach

Post by edteach »

I picked up a giraffe slotti as they seem to be called. Not taken apart but not in the wrapper.
Attachments
griaff 1.jpg
griaff 1.jpg (261.39 KiB) Viewed 5884 times