Picked this lot up on ebay for a make an offer.

This is a general discussion forum. (Open to All)
edteach

Picked this lot up on ebay for a make an offer.

Post by edteach »

I know some of these are CJ prizes and I bought the lot for the Shiva in particular. What is the watch in he lower right hand corner? Any ideas on any of the other prizes? I think the fobs are CJ
Attachments
cj prize 7.jpg
cj prize 7.jpg (187.71 KiB) Viewed 7381 times
cj prize 9.jpg
cj prize 9.jpg (191.1 KiB) Viewed 7381 times
cj prize 1.jpg
cj prize 1.jpg (202.85 KiB) Viewed 7381 times
dianep2

Re: Picked this lot up on ebay for a make an offer.

Post by dianep2 »

Hi there,

What a spectacular lot of prizes. Most all of them are CJ. Definitely all the standups except maybe that little monkey on the left in the top row. I'm not sure about him. All the fobs, tops and plactic dishes are certainly CJ. And your Shiva is wonderful. They are very hard to come by these days. There are a few I do not think are CJ. At least if they are, I have not seen them in the past. What is the peanut shaped item under the pink bus? It appears to have a hole in it. Is it a whistle? I don't think it is CJ. Also I am not sure about the red hat charm or the green truck. They are nice pieces but I have not seen those in CJ collections.

And the watch! Really neat!!!! Do you know who the faces are on it? Are they old movie stars? And where was it made? I can't read it on the face of the clock. And also, what is the unusual shaped item to the right of the watch. I can't make out what it is. I'm sure the watch is nothing pertaining to CJ.

Thanks for showing us your latest find and keep in touch!
edteach

Post by edteach »

The watch says made in Japan, Some are bubble gum charms. I mostly bought it for the shiva. Got a good deal on them about 75 cents each. so not bad. Thanks for the input. I am sure the watch is 40s or earlier. The monkey is a drink glass hanger. I don't think the Indian crawling is either.
dianep2

Post by dianep2 »

I agree. I don't think the Indian crawling is CJ either. But he is a nice piece. Happy collecting!!!!!! :lol:
edteach

Post by edteach »

Thanks. Is the swirled colored cup a CJ prize?
dianep2

Post by dianep2 »

I think it most likely is CJ. They did have plastic plates and cups in the 50's and they were famous for doing the swirled or marbled look with many of their plastic pieces.