Cracker Jack toys and prizes - pretty large collection

This is a general discussion forum. (Open to All)
cc4me

Cracker Jack toys and prizes - pretty large collection

Post by cc4me »

Quite a few weeks ago I submitted a post about wanting help knowing how to sell a pretty large collection of older Cracker Jack toys and prizes for a friend of mine who had passed away. I had no replies to that post. I’m wondering if I’m doing something wrong or maybe not follow proper procedures. I have been collecting Coca-Cola items for almost 30 years and was always impressed how fellow collectors were always so quick to help and buy, or at least find out what was available to buy. If I’m not following club etiquette, I apologize. I would really like to get some responses and help, or at least be steered in the right direction. I live in the West Michigan area.

Thanks,
Don
dianep2

Re: Cracker Jack toys and prizes - pretty large collection

Post by dianep2 »

:hiya: Hi Don,

I understand your frustration at not having a reply from myself or any other members of our CJCA Association. Please know you did absolutely nothing wrong and certainly have been very patient with our forum followers and have used the utmost etiquette in contacting us.

I did read your first contact with us which was in January and am afraid I made the incorrect decision to not reply because while I am an enthusiastic member of our group, I do almost no selling and so have very little experience to share with you in that area. I am glad you contacted us again and thank you for giving us another chance to offer some advice on selling your collection. As I said previously, I do not have any sound suggestions but wonder if you have spoken with antique dealers in your area or posted ads in antique journals. You might give that a try. Also, I know many of our members sell on eBay. You might visit
there and learn some ideas of just what is for sale and how those ads are presented on that website. Finally, if you go to our homepage and scroll down to the bottom of the page, you will see an e-mail address for our president, Theresa. You are certainly welcome to e-mail her. Theresa is a very knowledgeable collector with years of interest in CJ collecting. If she feels she can't help you, I'm sure she would suggest someone who might be able to do so.

Don, our membership chairperson's e-mail address is also there. For just $20 a year, you can become a member of our association which would mean you would receive our quarterly newsletter and you would be eligible to attend our annual conventions where you could bring your Cracker Jack collection and present it for sale. At our conventions, we sell out of our hotel rooms and on one half day we rent tables in a conference room for selling. Please consider a membership by contacting Linda, our membership chairperson. We are a fun, friendly group and would enjoy getting to know you and seeing your collection. This year's 24th convention will take place in Louisville in August.

On a personal note, I am also a Michigander. I grew up in the Ann Arbor area but now live in the tip of the mitt in Petoskey. Don, may I ask about how many pieces you have in your collection and from what years are they?

Thank you for contacting us and waiting patiently for one of us to reply. Again, I am sorry you had to wait so very long. :conf: We look forward to hearing from you again.

Most sincerely,
Diane Platek

PS: I'm not really a nun. That whole thing is kind of a long story. :angel:
cc4me

Post by cc4me »

Diane,
Thanks for your kind response to my post. I appreciate the time and advice you offered. The collection I have is not mine. It belonged to a friend of mine who passed away a few years ago. I still see his wife and recently asked her about his collection. She said that none of their children were interested in it. I am a former collector of Coca-Cola memorabilia and have sold most of my collection over the past few years. I sold a lot of the items at national club conventions and also on eBay. My problem with the Cracker Jack items is that I don’t know their value. I have spent quite a bit of time looking up sold items on eBay, but that is kind of difficult to do with so many items in his collection. I have the book by Larry White, but that is outdated. I consider his collection quite large, but it is hard to judge because the items are so small. He does have a list of the items in his collection, but I’m not sure if it is complete. Does the Club allow people to include email addresses in their post? If so, I could send you copies of his lists.
Again, I’m surprised that I didn’t receive more interest in my post. In the 30 years of Collecting Coca-Cola items I would of jumped at the chance of buying a whole collection, or at least, having a chance to ask questions about specific items.
Thanks for your help and friendly reply,
Don
dianep2

Post by dianep2 »

Hi again, Don,
Please look for a personal message from me.

Thanks,
Diane
Crackerjacked111

Post by Crackerjacked111 »

Hi. I am new to the group and i would be very interested in the collection. I- too, have not had any replies to my posts and was wondering if i was doing something wrong. Feel free to message me if you are still interested in selling!
Cyndy Boesch

Post by Cyndy Boesch »

Hi--I looked for your previous posts to see why you didn't get any replies, but this is the only post I could find from you. Let us know where your previous posts are on this forum and we will try to do better!