storing put-togethers

This is a general discussion forum. (Open to All)
Cyndy Boesch

storing put-togethers

Post by Cyndy Boesch »

Just wondering how you store your unassembled put-togethers so they stay on the tree? I have been carefully layering them in plastic baseball card boxes, by series, if I know it. You need "head space", or the lid will damage them, but too much and they shift around. Any great ideas out there?
Ginger

Re: storing put-togethers

Post by Ginger »

Greetings Cyndy! :hiya:
:humbsip: I use those plastic baseball card holders/boxes as well, for just about everything in my collection. Except paper items, which I store in binders. I don't have any unmade put togethers though, because as soon as I get them, I build them!!! ;P I just can't help myself...it's too much FUN!
:gossip: One thought though: You might also consider getting some plastic bead boxes. They sell them at craft stores for only a few dollars. You could put one or two put togethers in each little square in the box. You might fit 25-50 items in the bead box.
This squirrely gal is *NUTS* about collecting Cracker Jack prizes!
Jeffrey Maxwell

Re: storing put-togethers

Post by Jeffrey Maxwell »

I always stored put-togethers, and most anything else that is fragile, in Riker mounts. It is the best and most attractive way to keep any small, lighweight collection like plastic CJ prizes and a very good investment for storing your collection. Riker mounts were originally created for butterfly and insect collections, but have myriad uses. At one time I had around 100 of the trays that are 16"X12"X3/4". (I still have some in Kansas, but I sure wish I had some of them here in Peru. It is too expensive to import anything because of the taxes, so luxury items such as display supplies are not feasable.) This is the ideal size for me, because it is big enough to hold a nice size set of prizes, but not too big to handle easily -- and they stack nicely on a shelf as well as display nicely for a show or event. Some of mine are generic (not Riker brand), so I use my better quality Riker trays for personal collections, and the generic ones to show, sell, or trade. Here is the company website http://www.rikerdisplaycases.com/rikercases.shtml. Someone else might be able to give you a source for the generic trays.