It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:04 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:12 pm 

My mother-in-law had these and claimed they came from Crackerjacks. I wonder if they came together or someone had to collect all of the pieces individually. Does anyone know when they were prizes and if they are common now or hard to find? Anyone have any idea of value? Thanks.

Attachments:
DSC00057.JPG
DSC00057.JPG [ 23.04 KiB | Viewed 3498 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:25 pm 

Most of these items are Monopoly game markers. The frying pan isn't. I believe that these markers were made by Tootsietoy, who manufactured similar pot metal prizes for Cracker Jack.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:11 pm 

Thank you. Were they usually given out altogether or did one have to buy many boxes to get a complete collection? Do you know when they were prizes? Thanks again.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:18 pm 

See this link regarding the pot metal markers used in Monopoly games: http://monopoly.wikia.com/wiki/Tokens. Dowst Mfg. (Tootsietoy) made the markers for Monopoly and also numerous small toys, buttons, tokens and charms that were used as penny toys, by carnivals, and in Cracker Jack. They were made of what is mostly called "pot metal", now. Sometimes they were painted or japanned. They are fairly easy to find, as for the most part people kept them and they were pretty durable. The prizes Dowst made for Cracker Jack were identical to the ones that they sold elsewhere, so it is impossible to say that a piece came from a Cracker Jack box. There is a highly sought after pot metal Cracker Jack horse and delivery wagon that is marked "Cracker Jack" and is definitely a Cracker Jack premium. I would guess that Dowst made that, but do not know that for sure. These type of premiums were mostly used by Cracker Jack during the 1920's and into the 30's. Hope this helps you.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:23 am 

Yes, that was very informative. Thank you very much!