I'm starting the next phase of my CJ collection

This is a general discussion forum. (Open to All)
Donovan

I'm starting the next phase of my CJ collection

Post by Donovan »

I started CJ collecting 3 years ago when my wife got a printers tray for some knick knacks. I wanted to find some things myself and ran across the small metal 1910's 1920's CJ pieces which were perfect, then got hooked on collecting CJ prizes as a whole.

The first year I focused exclusively on early metal pieces and the past two years have built sets of the plastic stand ups and branched into the 1960's put togethers, which may just be the best CJ prizes ever issued.

So, now that Luke helped me complete my Nostalgia Sticker set, I bought some BCW 20 pocket 2x2 pages and a 3 ring binder to house sticker/book/paper sets. Time to start the next branch of the CJ tree and add some ephemera sets to the collection. So many sets, so little time. :D
Luke

Re: I'm starting the next phase of my CJ collection

Post by Luke »

Are you looking for the newer paper prizes, such as the fold-able president heads, and pencil toppers?
Donovan

Re: I'm starting the next phase of my CJ collection

Post by Donovan »

To be honest, I'm not sure what I'm looking for yet. I know next to nothing about the paper prizes. I always skip over those sections when looking at the CJ book. :o

If you have complete sets of some of the recent series, I'd be willing to trade you some plastic prizes. I don't have too many interesting things to trade right now though. I have an extra mummy, a couple of asian figures, a few nosco pieces, and I did find another duplicate CCC piece yesterday in an unsorted bag, a deer dangle (another plastic set I need to complete someday).

Let me know if there's anything you want to trade, or I run across extra CCC pieces fairly frequently, and will probably have a few more soon.