Not CJ, I think these are bread ties? HELP?

This is a general discussion forum. (Open to All)
cschoer

Not CJ, I think these are bread ties? HELP?

Post by cschoer »

After spending a great deal of time reading the different posts/forums/etc and enjoying every minute of it, I have discovered that I don't have CJ toys but have bread ties. Can anyone give me a site for research of these "charms"? What company used them? Any information would be appreciated.
Attachments
Just a sampling of what I have.
Just a sampling of what I have.
general 013.JPG (86.36 KiB) Viewed 23076 times
Luke

Re: Not CJ, I think these are bread ties? HELP?

Post by Luke »

I wish I could be of help, but bread ties are something I know next to nothing. There is a book that might have some information... Collecting Toy Premiums: Bread - Cereal - Radio. I don't know if it'll mention bread ties in it, but you might be lucky and find a copy at your local library, and save yourself a few pennies finding out.
Cyndy Boesch

Post by Cyndy Boesch »

These charms are indeed bread ties. They were used in the 1930's to stimulate sales and were made of celluloid. I don't know of any sites that relate to them, but there must be a lot of people who collect them, as they regularly show up in the eBay auction Cracker Jack listings and always seem to sell. There are even little figures of Popeye and also some of the FAS Japan comic characters that Cracker Jack collectors see in bisque (like Smitty, Skeeziks, Moon Mullins, etc.). I know that Wonder Bread was one of the companies that used bread ties. Hope this helps.
dianep2

Post by dianep2 »

Hi Cschoer,

I love your bread ties. I know absolutely nothing about them but I sure like your photos of your collection and Luke and Cyndy, thank you for your comments about these darling treasures.

Diane :D
Cyndy Boesch

Post by Cyndy Boesch »

I realized I have this book. The text that relates to bread ties is attached. That is followed by 4 more pages of photos. There is also a blog about these charms; it is all photos. You can find it at: Celluloid Charms...Yum!!!. Hope this helps.
Attachments
Bread Ties.jpg
Bread Ties.jpg (52.76 KiB) Viewed 23042 times