Slacker Jack

The place to ask your Cracker Jack Prize questions. (Open to All)
Luke

Slacker Jack

Post by Luke »

My wife's godson, Danny, gave me a Slacker Jack sticker. This definitely falls under the ISN'T category, but it made me laugh, and I wanted to share it with everyone.
painter

Re: Slacker Jack

Post by painter »

It's great, Luke! It reminds me of the old Topps Bubble Gum "Wacky Packages"
art work. I guess there's no prize inside for slackers...
Donna Miller
Donna Miller
Luke

Post by Luke »

Donna, that's exactly what it is. I had no idea "Wacky Packages" was still around, until I got this sticker. I have many fond memories of the silly/juvenile things they produced.
painter

Post by painter »

Luke, I'm not sure if they're around anymore, either, but at Christmas I got a great little art book, which showed, one per page, all the stickers issued between 1973 and 1977. I had forgotten both how gross, and how well painted they were!
Next time you're in a large bookstore, take a look for it. It's called "Wacky Packages". You'll get a hoot out of it.
Donna Miller
Donna Miller
dianep2

Post by dianep2 »

Donna and Luke,

I don't know where I was in the 70's but somehow I missed "Slacker Jack" and "Wacky Packages." I guess I led a sheltered life. Yes, "Wacky Jackie" or "Slacker Jack" is a little gross but I must admit, Luke, your sticker caused me to lol. Thanks to both of you for the history lesson. :lol:
CJAAAJ

Post by CJAAAJ »

Hello, Everyone :hiya:

Yes, the Wacky Packs started with the scarce Wacky Pack Die-Cuts in 1967 from Topps, Inc. and had 16 Series from 1973 to 1992. They were restarted by Topps, Inc. in 2004 and Luke's posted sticker comes from Series 3 issued in 2006! A nine card puzzle of Slacker Jack was available in this Wacky Packs Series 3 also! :ugeek:

Here is a really scarce 1967 Die-Cut Wacky Packs sticker parody of Cracker Jack- Cracked Jerk!
Looks like Sailor Jack and Bingo are having issues at the moment! :laughing:
CJAAAJ :nutty:
THE MORE YOU COLLECT, THE MORE YOU WANT!
Luke

Post by Luke »

Alex, thanks for the enlarged picture. I found a picture like yours, but it was too small for me to read everything.

jdnola

Post by jdnola »

Here's the Slacker Jack puzzle that Alex mentioned. Each puzzle piece is the size of a baseball card, with other Wacky Packages product stickers on the other side.
Slacker Jack Puzzle 1.jpg
Slacker Jack Puzzle 1.jpg (83.43 KiB) Viewed 19163 times
jdnola

Post by jdnola »

Here is another card from the 2006 set that shows what the completed puzzle would look like. There's a sticker on the back of this one, too: Brawl Park Battlin' Franks.
Attachments
Slacker Jack Puzzle 2.jpg
Slacker Jack Puzzle 2.jpg (59.2 KiB) Viewed 19159 times
jdnola

Post by jdnola »

It looks as though the 2006 sticker is slightly different from yours, Luke, unless you edited yours. This one has a different border and the "45" card number is in the upper right corner. On the other side is an ad, not a sticker, for Dull computers with a 2006 date.
Slacker Jack Sticker 2006.jpg
Slacker Jack Sticker 2006.jpg (62.4 KiB) Viewed 19151 times
Is there a date on the back of yours, Luke?