Do you recognize any of these toys???

The place to ask your Cracker Jack Prize questions. (Open to All)
Ginger

Re: Do you recognize any of these toys???

Post by Ginger »

Greetings Bruce! :D I enjoyed reading your information about Intercast. I think it's really neat that the little tools in that set all work!
This squirrely gal is *NUTS* about collecting Cracker Jack prizes!
Cyndy Boesch

Post by Cyndy Boesch »

Ginger--Are you getting my emails? They were sent 08-07-09 and 08-11-09. I want to get your new squirrels to you.
Ginger

Post by Ginger »

:hiya: Greetings Cyndy!
I just sent you a private message. I am anxiously awaiting to add the new squirrels to my collection! :D - Ginger
shea_art

Post by shea_art »

Yes to the scissors if they are plastic. Also absolutely positive on the little red man, but it is missing a piece. There is a "pole" that goes in the square holes of his hands and then he twirls around the pole like a gymnast. I was just talking about these 2 items last week! My dad worked for Makatoy Co for 36 yrs and actually designed a machine part that snapped those scissor pieces together 6 at time. Originally the women working in the factory would snap them together by hand and of course their fingers got sore after hours of doing that job!

Makatoy also made "wiggle pictures", but I personally do not recognize those particular pictures.

I have been looking for some of the toys he made when I was little. You wouldn't by any chance want to part with those 2 items would you (scissors and man)?

sandy
Ginger

Post by Ginger »

Greetings Sandy! :hiya:
Thank you for sharing that information! How interesting!! :geek: The scissors that I a have posted here in
the photo are metal and not plastic. So I don't know if you would still be interested in them. However, the
plastic man that is missing a part is now with my other "misfit toys". I would be willing to part with him since
I know that he would be going to a good home! :flowers: PM me your address and stuff! -Ginger
CJAAAJ

Post by CJAAAJ »

Hello, larrydw, bsamu1, ginger and all :hiya:

larrydw wrote:

"Hello All,
The Intercast toys are NOT Cracker Jack. The complete set consisted of 10 working tools. I am attaching a scan of 4 of them. The pliars, knife and scissors are cute and wind up as dollhouse miniatures or in a small doll wardrobe."

larrydw: Your statment is not quite correct because two of the Intercast Mini-toys were placed in Cracker Jack in 1956. The Cracker Jack Archives show "Miniature Intercast Plain Bright Pliers with eye" and "Miniature Intercast Plain Bright Scissors" suppied by Gries Reproducer Corp. I don't know for sure why they were only ordered once by The Cracker Jack Company but cost or small size of the items seems logical. :ugeek:

bsamu1 wrote::headbang: More info: The Intercast scissors was manaufactured by Gries Reproducer Corp. Gries was a diecasting company that also did the casting for Topper in the early 70 for their Johnny Lightning line (not the later 1994 onward Johnny Lightnings) These were packaged in vinyl pouches as giveaways for various companies and also packaged by the Adams company that sold magic tricks as well (see picture) The adams package has a 1958 copyright date on it. I have also seen a small envelope marked with Gries Reproducer Corp that had a few of the tools in it and had advertising about their company. The envelope may have been a give away to potential diecasting customers. :confused:
bsamu1: Thank you for the fascinating picture and history of the Gries Reproducer Corp. It is interesting that this set of five (5) mini-tools came out two (2) years after the pliers and scissors appeared in Cracker Jack boxes. :D

Ginger: It is difficult to say 100 percent that your scissors is a Cracker Jack Prize but we know some of them were placed in Cracker Jack boxes in 1956!
THE MORE YOU COLLECT, THE MORE YOU WANT!
Ginger

Post by Ginger »

Greetings Alex! :D
I'm keeping my scissors and putting them with
the rest of my Cracker Jack prizes! -Ginger
CJAAAJ

Post by CJAAAJ »

Ginger wrote:Greetings Alex! :D
I'm keeping my scissors and putting them with
the rest of my Cracker Jack prizes! -Ginger
Hi, Ginger :hiya:

That is what I would do! :headbang:
CJAAAJ :nutty:
THE MORE YOU COLLECT, THE MORE YOU WANT!
jdnola

Post by jdnola »

Hi, Ginger -

Gries Reproducers Corp. supplied miniature working pliers with an "eye" (charm loop), as well as working scissors, as Cracker Jack prizes in 1956, both marked "Intercast." My pliers are also marked "Gries Reproducers Corp." while my scissors are identified as "GRC." These were called "plain bright" (meaning silver or pewter colored). These were the only tools provided by Gries as Cracker Jack prizes.

So while many of the Intercast tools are not Cracker Jack, there are some to be found that are.

Happy hunting!

Jim D.
larrydw

Post by larrydw »

Hello All,
OK, now I'm curious. How is it that Gries ONLY supplied the pliars and scissors? And did they supply the scissors and not the tin shears? Just seems odd that they or CJ would supply/buy just the 2.