2008 MLB Special Edition Prizes

This is a general discussion forum. (Open to All)
cj59

2008 MLB Special Edition Prizes

Post by cj59 »

Hi,

Can you tell me if these prizes were actually distributed?

Thanks for any info that you might have.

Doug
dianep2

Re: 2008 MLB Special Edition Prizes

Post by dianep2 »

Hi Doug, :hiya:

Oh yes, the MLB Special Edition stickers were definitely distributed. They became available right around the opening season of MLB in 2008 and continued in boxes and bags of Cracker Jack until about the early fall of 2008. It was a very frustrating series to complete. There were so many of them and they were not very well distributed. I have duplicates galore of some teams, such as the Arizona Diamond Backs but no dups of my own hometown team, the Detroit Tigers. In spite of the continual trips to the grocery, party and local Walmart stores, I did manage to complete two sets of the series. However, I just about had to cash in my retirement plan to cover the cost.

Welcome to our forums, Doug. Hope to hear from you again. What has caused your interest in the stickers? Are you a baseball memorabilia collector?

Have a good evening.

Diane
Luke

Post by Luke »

Hello Doug,

Below are a few samples that I picked up.

cj59

Post by cj59 »

Hi,

I had difficulty getting them last year in New Hampshire. I kept getting the same prize series that CJ has had for it seems like three years. I was curious so I figured that I'd fire off the question. To be truthful I was a member of the cjca for about six years and I am thinking that i'll come back again....i started to collect other things too but decided that cj prizes are still my thing.

Doug
dianep2

Post by dianep2 »

Doug,

We are happy that you are considering coming back to CJCA. We would certainly love to have you back. Once you get CJ prizes in your blood, it is hard to break the habit, isn't it?

D.
cj59

Post by cj59 »

Well, I finally put a check in the mail on Saturday for membership again. I am looking forward to the forum discussions on a favorite collectible. I was recently looking at my old "Prize Insiders".....great memories.

Doug
dianep2

Post by dianep2 »

Welcome back, Doug :!: :)clap It's great to have you here again.
gsullivan

Post by gsullivan »

Welcome back Doug! :)clap :)clap :)clap You will love the CJCA forums section of our web site and the new newsletters too!
CJAAAJ

Post by CJAAAJ »

Hello, cj59 :hiya:

Welcome back, Doug, when your check is recorded and membership verified you will enter the membership heart of this forum. Many hours of fun and history of the company and its prizes will be available to you. Looking forward to seeing you there! \:)/
CJAAAJ :nutty:
THE MORE YOU COLLECT, THE MORE YOU WANT!
Luke

Post by Luke »

Doug, welcome back to the CJCA! Is there a team sticker you'd like? If I have any extras of the ones you need/want, I'll send them to you, as a welcome back present. Just let me know what you're looking for, and I'll see if I have them. Again, WELCOME BACK!