HELP! I need a CJ "Solitaire" Ring to propose with!

This is a general discussion forum. (Open to All)
otrex

HELP! I need a CJ "Solitaire" Ring to propose with!

Post by otrex »

Greetings to everyone here.

I'm so happy to have found this website. I have been looking for people "in the know" on CJ engagement rings, and I see that this issue has come up on this site before.

Here's my situation: I plan to ask my girlfriend to marry me within the next 3 months. She is a huge Audrey Hepburn fan, and has made it clear to me that not only should I propose to her with a box of Cracker Jack, but also that the ring should be a CJ "Solitaire Engagement" Ring, much like the one shown by "Harrietj" in this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=110

I have looked and looked over the past month for such a ring, but have had no luck. Anyone here willing to help me obtain such a ring, especially if it is a BLUE one? I'm certainly not rich, but I am willing to pay for such a ring if necessary.

Thank you all for your advice and help.

Kevin
Last edited by otrex on Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Harrietj

Re: HELP! I need a CJ "Solitaire" Ring to propose with!

Post by Harrietj »

Hello Kevin - Just send me your mailing address and I will get the perfect ring in the mail for you. In fact I will send you several of them.
I have to find it, but somewhere in my collection I also have the picture with Audrey Hepburn and the famous CJ box. Will send a copy of that along to you.
Please send your mailing address to me at
hjcj@aol.com It will go out MOnday morning1
So procede with your plans!
otrex

Post by otrex »

Thank you SO much. That is really wonderful of you. I'll send you an email right away.

You have no idea how much this will mean to my girlfriend and to me.
Luke

Post by Luke »

Good luck on your proposal! Let us know how things turn out.
otrex

Post by otrex »

Thank you, I will certainly try to remember amidst all the excitement (or anguish?) to let you all know here how things went.

Sometime between now and the end of the year is my plan.

Wish me luck!
otrex

Post by otrex »

Just wanted to post to let everyone know that I proposed to my girlfriend this past weekend, and she said "YES!". She loves the CJ ring that "Harrietj" graciously sent, and she wears it with pride.

We're planning on a wedding in July or August of 2010, so needless to say, it appears this is a very happy ending to this story, and the beginning of an exciting new one.

I'd like to publicly thank "Harrietj" again for helping me make this a perfect moment for my girlfriend and I.
dianep2

Post by dianep2 »

Ahhh, what a beautiful love story and yes, Harriet is a gem. She is one of our most precious Cracker Jack prizes but to my knowledge, she has never been in a box. We all love her. %)h

Congratulations on your engagement. Your Cracker Jack ring will bring you very special blessings.

Diane
CJFLASH

Post by CJFLASH »

Congratulations :grats: Kevin-I'm glad the Cracker Jack ring did the trick. Will you be serving Cracker Jack at the wedding reception? BIG THANKS to Harriet for sending out a ring to Kevin.
NANCY
otrex

Post by otrex »

Sadly, Crackerjack is not widely available up here in the Great White North, and even when you do find it, it's in those foil bags which, while delicious, doesn't really scratch that nostalgic itch as much as the box does (which is why it was *extra* nice to receive boxed retro Cracker Jack from Harriet too.... she's so thoughtful!)

However, it *is* interesting how much my girlfriend loves the CJ ring... showing it off to all her friends. Very beautiful in my mind that she chooses an engagement with a plastic ring over a real one. I'm a lucky fellow!
Harrietj

Post by Harrietj »

Hello Kevin - I wasn't going to tell you about this, but since Stephanie is really happy with your metal and plastic ring I thought I would show you this ad.
Neiman Marcus is a lovely store in Texas and they always have a His and Hers gift in their Christmas catalog. Sometimes it has been matching cars or motorcycles, but in '98 They had Cracker Jack cuff links for "Him" for $400.00 and for "Her" a Cracker Jack solitaire ring for $950.00! Hers was made of 18 karat gold with a real ruby, emerald,or sapphire in place of the "Plastic" jewel in the prize ones. The bad news was that you bought the box and did not know what color ring would be inside.
Frito Lay, who own Cracker Jack also had a promotion and I think they had a coupon in the box and if you got one you would turn it in for your box with a real ring inside. Frito Lay had 15 coupons in boxes, and I have no idea how many Neiman Marcus had, They are impossible to find. I have had a request to be notified if one comes on EBAY for at least 4 years and have not found one. I also wrote to Neiman Marcus about six months ago but never got a reply.
We are all happy for you and Stephanie and we are glad she is happy with her special Cracker Jack ring!
Attachments
scan0002.jpg
scan0002.jpg (183.41 KiB) Viewed 13913 times