Convention News?

This is a general discussion forum. (Open to All)
gsullivan

Convention News?

Post by gsullivan »

Hi CJCAers,

It was painful to miss the convention. Will there be any kind of summary of the convention posted anywhere? Anybody care to share items found, experiences?
larrydw

Re: Convention News?

Post by larrydw »

Hello Gail,
You were missed as were several others. Those that did attend had a wonderful, but a little subdued, time. I don't know of any summary as yet - that usually was handled by Roberta and put in the Insider. I don't know of anyone who took notes, but there certainly were some videos - check with Ann & Bill and see if they can/are willing to post their videos. The banquet speaker was a dunce - didn't miss anything there. Stu ran the auction and was doing great - had a several bids stopping at $40.00 for something when I bid $200. It shocked not only Stu but also CJ Mikie as I was using his number! The crafts project run by Linda was great. We made our own version of the Cracker Jack beanie. Some of us have to go to remedial sewing and How-to-Use-A-Glue-Gun seminars. The longest spinning top was won by Jerry Navone despite repeated attempts to pull an upset by Stu "Rocky" Callner. A lot of prizes and fun at Bingo although one had to pay attention to what type of game was being played and whether to clear you card or not. Not much room trading as every time we went around nobody was open (after a while we got the hint). There was a TV crew out for the Good Morning Weekend to be aired July 5. No big name personalities (not counting the CJCA people). More as I think of it.
CJAAAJ

Post by CJAAAJ »

Hi, Gail and Larry :D

As Larry stated in his reply to you, Gail we missed you and Mike as well as many other convention attendees from past CJCA's Cons. I thought the banquet speaker had a very interesting slide show on the unmarked Cracker Jack prizes in the COSI CJ collection. The outfit the speaker, larrydw, had on was worth the price of admission! :ugeek: :lol:

The ballgame of the Kane County Cougars was fun, they lost 2-0, it even rained on us for a few minutes in the middle of the game, great fireworks after the Baseball game were spectacular! Those that had attended the baseball game and that had worn their CJ jingle caps got plenty of attention and comments from people how cool we looked 8-) and where could they get one for themselves! :shock:

Larrydw, the TV show is Today-Weekend Edition on NBC. At least you got the date right until it changed to July 20, 2008. :P

CJAAAJ
Last edited by CJAAAJ on Sat Jul 05, 2008 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THE MORE YOU COLLECT, THE MORE YOU WANT!
janetwi

Post by janetwi »

Attached is a picture of the speaker.
Attachments
Speaker at 2008 Convention
Speaker at 2008 Convention
Banquet11.jpg (26.59 KiB) Viewed 19288 times
janetwi

Post by janetwi »

I am working on a summary of the convention. If anyone wants to send me pictures etc. that would be great! Janet
im4cjco

Post by im4cjco »

I'm just trying this out. We are on the road in Georgia. It did not show here. Did anyone see the CJ piece on Today Show? Was there a new email that we missed?
Julie
Luke

Post by Luke »

im4cjco wrote:I'm just trying this out. We are on the road in Georgia. It did not show here. Did anyone see the CJ piece on Today Show? Was there a new email that we missed?
Julie
Sadly, it did not show. We're still waiting for an update.
gsullivan

Post by gsullivan »

Thanks to all who replied! It has been fun to read the responses and live vicariously through you. Larry - loved the humor as usual! I guessed who the speaker was from your comments ;) but was thrilled to have it confirmed with that great picture Janet! Thanks again to you all for sharing. Gail
larrydw

Post by larrydw »

Hello - - anybody out there ? ? ? ?
Feel like I am talking to myself in a padded cell. Guess we will not see any summary nor any photos of the convention. I have also not seen any officers log in or report on what is going on - which probably means that nada is going on - convention or otherwise.
larrydw

Post by larrydw »

Did NOBODY take any pictures at the convention - or is it that anybody who took pictures is not on this board?

OK, then, I will start. Here is one of my pictures . . . . .