Miniature Sailor Jack Clear Plastic Button? Help please!

The place to ask your Cracker Jack Prize questions. (Open to All)
FreshBakedBling

Miniature Sailor Jack Clear Plastic Button? Help please!

Post by FreshBakedBling »

Hello!

I hit the mother load on one of my recent thrift store trips. Found a bag of old plastic charms in pristine condition. I have been scouring the internet and cannot find this particular item. It is a miniature (maybe 1/2 an inch tall) clear plastic "button" figurine of sailor jack. He has a square shank on his back with a hole through it, that's why I say button. Can anybody help me please? I am very curious about this little guy. I can upload pics if anyone wants to see the lil' guy.

Thank You,
Jeanette
larrydw

Re: Miniature Sailor Jack Clear Plastic Button? Help please!

Post by larrydw »

Hello Jeanette,
Sounds interesting and like a button - but a picture sure would be helpful.

Larry
dianep2

Post by dianep2 »

Oh please do upload a picture. I definitely want to see the "lil guy."

Thanks, Jeanette,

Diane :D
FreshBakedBling

Post by FreshBakedBling »

Hello!

Oh my. I genuinely forgot all about my sailor jack button, until I was pulling out my box of treasures and found them. I took pictures, and here is the only one it would let me upload. If you would like for me to take more, please let me know. I might list these in my Etsy shop, so I will let you know if and when these guys go up for adoption. Any opinions or thoughts are much appreciated.

Thank You,
Jeanette
Attachments
006.JPG
006.JPG (76.83 KiB) Viewed 12632 times
Luke

Post by Luke »

This is beyond me area of expertise, but it is very cute. I re-sized the image, so as not to be a burden on those with slow computers or small screens.
larrydw

Post by larrydw »

Hello All,
Now for my 2cents worth. The sailor is minus the 3 CJ boxes and Bingo. He has both hands on his side not a right hand salute. I would say that this guy is in the same navy but not sailor Jack.
gsullivan

Post by gsullivan »

Hi,

I have to agree with the previous post. While these buttons are cute as a you know what :) I don't believe they are related to the Cracker Jack product. I do, however, think they may be collectible especially they are transparent. Thanks for asking!
jdnola

Post by jdnola »

I agree. Sailor Jack is rarely (if ever) seen without Bingo, and Jack is always saluting with his right hand when he appears as the logo.
CJAAAJ

Post by CJAAAJ »

Hello, everyone :hiya:

I also agree with all the other posters to this thread. IMHO, these buttons were probably used in a child's sailor suit, nothing to do with the company Cracker Jack or its logo!
He is a "jack" but not our Sailor Jack! :humbsip:
CJAAAJ :nutty:
THE MORE YOU COLLECT, THE MORE YOU WANT!
Cyndy Boesch

Post by Cyndy Boesch »

These are clothing buttons that are fairly common, but most often seen in red, white or blue and not transparent. To a button collector they are known as "realistics" or "goofies". They were almost exclusively used on children's clothing from the 1930's and into the 1950's. Some of the highly collectible realistics are made of bakelite, but these sailor buttons aren't.