WANTED: CJ & Nosco buffaloes

This is a general discussion forum. (Open to All)
mrbfloca

Re: WANTED: CJ & Nosco buffaloes

Post by mrbfloca »

AWESOME, Luke -- I can't wait!!

Mike
Luke

Post by Luke »

Sorry it's taken so long to post, but I've been searching for more buffaloes. I found 19 CJ buffs, and one small charm, non-CJ.

mrbfloca

Post by mrbfloca »

WOW, Luke -- that's quite a herd!! Thx for posting the pic! Looking forward to hearing about the additions to your collection. It sounds like it was a great convention.

(buffalo) Mike
mrbfloca

Post by mrbfloca »

Welcome Home, Conventioneers! I trust everyone had a great time, and I'm looking forward to hearing about (and seeing pics of) the additions to everyone's collections. And speaking of additions, who's got buffaloes for me? My checkbook is burning a hole in my pocket, and my herd is ready and waiting for some new friends.

(buffalo) Mike
mrbfloca

Post by mrbfloca »

HOLY MOLEY -- THERE'S A STAMPEDE IN MY OFFICE!!! :o

So I'm working quietly when this rather large herd of CJ buffaloes stampedes across my desk -- courtesy of Luke and his extraordinary effort on my behalf at the convention. Luke went above and beyond, and I'm very happy and grateful to him for essentially doubling my herd. I may even need to hire a few cowboys (or is that buffaloboys) to help manage the herd. Thx also to Alex for contributing a buffalo charm -- my first one and hopefully the beginning of a new wing in my CJ buffalo collection (and no, that was not a buffalo wing reference!). ;)

Can't wait to get home to organize my herd! And I'm still expecting convention recaps from you attendees!

Cyndy Boesch

Post by Cyndy Boesch »

Hey Buffalo Mike!
Howdy from the Great Plains--home of the buffalo! I live in South Dakota and I'm another Cracker Jack nut. I have a couple of buffalo dupes, but I'm guessing you might already have them. (One is a paper put-together.)
My youngest son just got back from his second tour in Iraq. He was part of the fabled Army "Buffalo Soldiers" and they are so proud of their unit that they had their life size buffalo mascot shipped to Iraq (and back to Ft. Hood a year later), for luck. It worked. Somewhere I have a picture of him in Iraq with the mascot. If you'd like a copy, I'd be happy to email it to you.
Also in August we are taking a vacation to Custer State park in the Black Hills--home to an enormous Buffalo herd. If there is a souvenir you could use, let me know. (No dried dung! Known as "buffalo chips" here. In Ft. Pierre, SD they have a city celebration where they have a buffalo chip flip. Believe it or not, you can throw them just like a Frisbee!)
Harrietj

Post by Harrietj »

Hello Buffalo Mike - You will be even more sorry you missed the Convention when you find out that one of the nearest towns to the Convention is named NEW BUFFALO, MICHIGAN!
Luke

Post by Luke »

Mike, here's a picture of the paper buffalo put together that Cyndy has. Sorry for the bad photo, the flash added a bit of glare to it.

edteach

Post by edteach »

I saw this site and have started to get interested in the collecting of old CJ prizes along with gum ball itmes. I picked up a buffalo that looks exactly like Lukes pictured two sided ones. I was told it was not Cracker Jack. Does anyone have any info on this type of toy? I am posting a photo of the small collection of stand ups I have. Any info would be appreciated. Some are marked nosco on the bottom the rest are unmarked.
Attachments
DSCN0296.jpg
DSCN0296.jpg (237.24 KiB) Viewed 8919 times
gsullivan

Post by gsullivan »

Hi, :hiya:

You came to the right place to learn more about Cracker Jack prizes and collecting Cracker Jack.

All the prizes in your photo are Cracker Jack except the amber monkey. Those stand-up prizes marked NOSCO were distributed in Cracker Jack, but could also be obtained in boxed sets via ads in comic books. The green marbled deer is a nice one.
:grats: for you already have the start of a nice CJ collection! Happy Hunting!