new pickup.

The place to ask your Cracker Jack Prize questions. (Open to All)
edteach

new pickup.

Post by edteach »

I know some of these are CJs. The one green SJ&bingo are not in the book, or I missed it. But it has to be CJ right? The train, rhinos, penguin, and fish and chirping birds are CJ I believe. what others did I miss? Picked them up for 13$ total. I think that was a fair price.
Attachments
!B9FwHIQBGk~$(KGrHqN,!ksEy+jCwc3EBM4)uCkVjw~~_3.jpg
!B9FwHIQBGk~$(KGrHqN,!ksEy+jCwc3EBM4)uCkVjw~~_3.jpg (73.77 KiB) Viewed 10095 times
Luke

Re: new pickup.

Post by Luke »

The three owls, and the farmer with the pitchfork are also Cracker Jack prizes.
edteach

Post by edteach »

Was the Sailor Jack and Bingo a CJ prize? I would assume it was but I can't seem to find it in the book. Did I miss it?
dianep2

Post by dianep2 »

Hi there,

Yes, your Sailor Jack and Bingo are CJ and so is your red dog and your mauve sieve. I think your little plastic tray is also CJ and your green and white whistle. Most of your charms look like gumball machine toys to me. Yes, $13 was a great deal for your lot of treasures.

Good luck with your future CJ hunts.
Cyndy Boesch

Post by Cyndy Boesch »

The big standing jackrabbit is also CJ--one of my favorite prizes due to the local university: South Dakota State University Jackrabbits. Go Jacks!
dianep2

Post by dianep2 »

Oh yeah, the jackrabbit is CJ and your pink bunny on all fours is also CJ.
Jeffrey Maxwell

Post by Jeffrey Maxwell »

Please keep in mind, I don't have any documentation in front of me out here in the middle of the Amazon Rainforest, but I do know something about these plastic prizes. As always, I will try to present the best information that I can from memory and experience.

ROW 1: Dish definitely CJ.

ROW 2: #1 CJ Carey Cloud; 2 CJ marked C.J.Co.; 3 CJ marked C.J.Co.; train below is CJ; #4 green whistle don't think it is CJ although similar to CJ; 5 CJ Carey Cloud; 6 two footballs gum charms not CJ; 7 lt bl rabbit CJ marked NOSCO; 8 green and white whistle most likely gum or other bulk marketing, but if it is CJ as Diane believes, it is only marginally collectible (I will explain that another time if you wish); #9 four copper-looking charms are vacuum plated gum prizes not CJ.

ROW 3: #1 and 2 CJ marked C.J.Co. in very tiny letters; the next five charms up to and including the baseball glove are gum machine charms and not CJ.

ROW 4: #1 CJ; #2 rabbit CJ marked CRACKER JACK under base; #3 sieve CJ; #4 Sailor Jack CJ marked NOSCO at the base on the reverse side (yes I know they are double-sided, but there is still an obverse and reverse side to all of the flats); #5, 6, 7, 8 gum not CJ and the metalic dog is vacuum metalized plastic, not vacuum plated; #9 red dog CJ marked NOSCO; #10, 11, 12 are v/p gum charms not CJ.

ROW 5: all are gum charms not CJ.

NOT CJ RELATED:
My page on "Varsity Letters" has a description of both vacuum plating and vacuum metalizing with examples -- if anyone is interested in learning more about bulk vending gum prizes. Thanks to the CJCA for saving my site when I left the country and could not keep up with it -- there is a lot of cool info there that would be a shame to lose. The page address is:
http://www.crackerjackcollectors.com/Je ... tters.html