Cracker jack and bingo stand up

The place to ask your Cracker Jack Prize questions. (Open to All)
edteach

Cracker jack and bingo stand up

Post by edteach »

I just picked up a cracker jack and bingo stand up at a flea market. Its a soft plastic unlike my green one. its yellow and has Cracker jack on the back and 1389 Is this a cheaper version of the 50s era one? Did they make a Jack and Bingo stand up in the late 80s? I did not see one in the book under the 80s section.
CJAAAJ

Re: Cracker jack and bingo stand up

Post by CJAAAJ »

Hello, edteach :hiya:

The Sailor Jack and Bingo Stand-Up charm you bought is from a very large series of 48 (forty-eight) different charms placed in Cracker jack boxes in about 1977-1978. The charms were marked with the word "Cracker Jack" numbered with the Z-number (1389) and their number in the series, Sailor Jack and Bingo's is #6, a great challenging set to try to complete for the collector! In 1993, 24 (twenty-four) of these charms were reissued for the 100 Anniversary of Cracker Jack, the Sailor Jack and Bingo stand-up charm was one of those. They were only issued in purple, blue, raspberry and golden rod colored plastic only.

Trying to identify an unknown prize can at times be frustrating but "not finding it in Larry's book, mine included, should not be the only avenues you use. All there is to know about the Cracker Jack Prizes is not just found in "the book"! The Cracker Jack Collectors Association's general forum is a fantastic place to start as you have already have found out. The membership portion of the CJCA forum is an even better place to find the answers, please think about joining our friendly, fun group of collectors! :D
CJAAAJ :nutty:
THE MORE YOU COLLECT, THE MORE YOU WANT!
CJAAAJ

Re: Cracker jack and bingo stand up

Post by CJAAAJ »

Hello, edteach :hiya:

Welcome to the CJCA <|:-) , now you can visit all the areas full membership gives you. Thank your for joining! \:)/
CJAAAJ :nutty:
THE MORE YOU COLLECT, THE MORE YOU WANT!