Finally found a couple of Milkmen, and some CC prizes

The place to ask your Cracker Jack Prize questions. (Open to All)
edteach

Finally found a couple of Milkmen, and some CC prizes

Post by edteach »

I think that the little people are CC prizes and the hand standing clown?
Attachments
$(KGrHqZ,!hwE2I9fbF+vBNoIK3MW+g~~_3.jpg
$(KGrHqZ,!hwE2I9fbF+vBNoIK3MW+g~~_3.jpg (67.16 KiB) Viewed 12132 times
DOGON
Luke

Re: Finally found a couple of Milkmen, and some CC prizes

Post by Luke »

The 7 little people, starting with the girl with the pail all the way to the fisherman are all C.C.C. pieces. The standing clown isn't. That a nice set of toys. Is that your latest acquisition?
edteach

Post by edteach »

Yes my latest Epray pick up. I have wanted a milk man and a mail man for a while and this lot took care of that.
DOGON
Cyndy Boesch

Post by Cyndy Boesch »

I think they are all Cracker Jack! You have part of a put-together woman (reddish color) in the bottom row. She is short a base and I think there is something that goes on her head. There is a really unusual soft plastic figure at the end of the top row--a person sparring. I have never seen one in yellow. Is the picture a true color? Thanks!posting.php?mode=reply&f=14&t=606#
edteach

Post by edteach »

As far as I know they are all ture colors. I will know when I get the lot end of this week. Do items that are rare colors have more value? I purchaed it for the Cloud figures and the milkman and the Buddha was a cool marble color.
DOGON
gsullivan

Post by gsullivan »

Hi All,
I've been looking at the man sparring or boxer rare color. I think the picture might be a little misleading. I am not so sure he is yellow. He might be the "off-white" or "ivory" color described in our study group on these sports figures. I do have a yellow one from that series, but it is a hard plastic one. More information can be found on the entire series in the study group forum.
dianep2

Post by dianep2 »

You have a very nice lot of plastic pieces. I think your orange marbled buddha is spectacular. Very nice colors there. Glad you found a couple milkmen. My very first CJ prize, back in about 1949-1950, was a red milkman. I was four or five years old when I found it in a box of CJ given to me by my dad. Now I have 68 milkmen in many different colors. Thanks for sharing your newest additions to your collection with all of us.
edteach

Post by edteach »

just got the prizes and the fighter is off white not yellow.
DOGON
Jeffrey Maxwell

Post by Jeffrey Maxwell »

Row 1, #1 (hunter with rifle) is a cereal prize. The ones I had like that had no markings, and there were over 15 different ones in the set. I have some in the original clear cellephane wrappers.
Row 1, #4 (pugelist). I question this one because of the size. If it is marked NOSCO on the base, then it is CJ -- if not marked, I would say not. There were numerous flats this size sold by mail order.
Row 1, #5 (baseball player) is a marked NOSCO prize like the others that size, but it has a broken base.
Row 1, #10 (small pugelist) is a CJ prize if it is soft plastic. The hard plastic ones were copies produced about the same time, but marketed in dime stores.
Row 2, #2 (mountain man with rifle) is a cereal prize.
Row 2, #5 (fisher boy) this NOSCO flat has a broken base.
Row 2, #6-12 are Carey Cloud designs.
Row 3, #3 is part of a CJ put-together prize; there are other pieces missing.
The others that I didn't mention are well established as prizes that came in Cracker Jack.
edteach

Post by edteach »

Hunter is listed as a CJ prize on LW CJP page 133
Mountain man with long or short rifle is listed as CJ LWCJ prizes page 133
Boy with fish is listed same book page 130 as CJ
DOGON