3rd try..... Convention followup

The place to ask your Cracker Jack Prize questions. (Open to All)
CJCAANNIE

3rd try..... Convention followup

Post by CJCAANNIE »

HI all, it was great to see everyone! Nancy and board did an amazing job as always! :)clap :)clap :)clap

Cindy Boesh showed a selectin of put together spinners judged to be prototypes because they were spray painted. I knew I had one and have attached the photo, but it kicked out my last post. You may be able to see it. I don't know.

Also I found another pink Checkers disguise kit that I think was shown in the checkers study group but, again, I'm not sure. It has "thumb puppets" on the front and "Indian war paint' on the back.

Take care all and I hope you are arriving home safely!

Ann Brogley
Attachments
I'll try again!
I'll try again!
photo 2.jpg (10.4 KiB) Viewed 9324 times
photo 2.jpg
photo 2.jpg (10.4 KiB) Viewed 9324 times
Jeffrey Maxwell

Re: 3rd try..... Convention followup

Post by Jeffrey Maxwell »

Hay Ann!

Thanks for the convention news. I always love to see different CJ prizes. I hope everyone had an amazing time at the convention. I was thinking of all of you and very envious.

Have fun!
Jeffrey
CJCAANNIE

Post by CJCAANNIE »

Hi Jeffrey! As you can see I'm not on here often. It was a great convention. I was thinking of you because there was a new member who only collects alphabet animals in different colors! He was selling a bunch of extras at the selling table event. I set the forum as my startup page so when I'm on my computer it will be easier to remember to check in. Most often, like now, I'm on my iphone.

Take care!
CJAAAJ

Post by CJAAAJ »

CJCAANNIE wrote:HI all, it was great to see everyone! Nancy and board did an amazing job as always! :)clap :)clap :)clap

Cindy Boesh showed a selectin of put together spinners judged to be prototypes because they were spray painted. I knew I had one and have attached the photo, but it kicked out my last post. You may be able to see it. I don't know.

Also I found another pink Checkers disguise kit that I think was shown in the checkers study group but, again, I'm not sure. It has "thumb puppets" on the front and "Indian war paint' on the back.

Take care all and I hope you are arriving home safely!

Ann Brogley
Hi, Ann and everyone :hiya:

This is very interesting thank you for sharing it with us. Perhaps these plastic spinning tops were Canadian Cracker Jack Prizes instead of being prototypes. What fun! :)clap

CJAAAJ :nutty:
THE MORE YOU COLLECT, THE MORE YOU WANT!
gsullivan

Post by gsullivan »

Thanks for sharing Cyndy and Ann! I have often wondered about these tops too as over the years I have acquired two of them. The two I have acquired were not part of lots purchased in Canada or containing Canadian prizes. I've often wondered if they were some type of prototype or "test" prize used to test the machinery or something. I believe I've heard of a couple other collectors who might have one or two also. I'll find mine and post a picture of them as I think they are different shapes than the ones Ann shared.

Just scanned the two I have so here's the image. You can see it was not a precision paint job on these as there appears to be a lot of overspray. The backs of both of mine are just plain white.
Attachments
Sprayed Tops.jpg
Sprayed Tops.jpg (98.06 KiB) Viewed 9283 times
Jeffrey Maxwell

Post by Jeffrey Maxwell »

CJCAANNIE wrote:Hi Jeffrey! As you can see I'm not on here often. It was a great convention. I was thinking of you because there was a new member who only collects alphabet animals in different colors! He was selling a bunch of extras at the selling table event.
Ann! What a great thing to hear! As you know, we hunters of Alphabet Animals are a different breed.

Wouldn't it be great if your new collector had been influenced by my research and Website -- and then -- something like -- when I return to the United States, he or she would be the one who helps me start my new collection by selling Alphabet Animals to me? I wish I could be there to give support and encouragement to more Alphabet Animals collectors. Maybe someday...

I just hope there is not so much hype about Alphabet Animals by the time I return to collecting that I can't afford to collect them anymore. ;)