Hard to find prizes?

This is a general discussion forum. (Open to All)
edteach

Hard to find prizes?

Post by edteach »

What are the top ten hardest to find and collect plastic prizes from the 60s and 50s era? I know the sea captain is one.
DOGON
Luke

Re: Hard to find prizes?

Post by Luke »

I can tell you what I've been having trouble finding...

The transparent/translucent version of the Carey Cloud Rocker series, (I almost never see them for sale), below are the typical opaque version

And a few from Carey Cloud's Polystyrene Wrought Iron Series, such as the Aztec Mask, Swan w. Rose, Seahorse, Owl, Elephant
edteach

Post by edteach »

The Shiva and Sea Captain seem to be ones I do not see often. The Taj, I have seen only about 2 in the last six months. The Arch De Triumph is another I have only seen one.
DOGON
Luke

Post by Luke »

There's a Shiva on eBay now, Item Number 360379233042
edteach

CJ prize

Post by edteach »

I saw that group. Is the Shiva marbled of burnt? It looks like its got black all over it.
DOGON
edteach

Post by edteach »

Luke wrote:There's a Shiva on eBay now, Item Number 360379233042
Luke, Thanks,, I tried to down play this group when you posted it. I did not want to run up the auction. I won the lot with the Shiva for 19.99 delivered. It has a few CJ prizes I wanted including the red wiffenpoof. I really wanted the yellow Shiva but the last lot I bid on early went for 179. So I decided to let it go to the end and snipe it. No one bid against me so I don't know, maybe the other lot was not for the Shiva. Any way that make two. Even if its dirt and not marbling, I can clean it. But thanks again for the heads up, and sorry I down played it. I just hate losing items by announcing I am interested.
Attachments
$(KGrHqMOKowE35(O-ektBOGmtyW4DQ~~_12.jpg
$(KGrHqMOKowE35(O-ektBOGmtyW4DQ~~_12.jpg (27.91 KiB) Viewed 9743 times
$(KGrHqUOKnIE4N+OY8n4BOGmtqdMEg~~_12.jpg
$(KGrHqUOKnIE4N+OY8n4BOGmtqdMEg~~_12.jpg (25.89 KiB) Viewed 9743 times
$(KGrHqF,!i8E3Rk7!VUBBOGmtg8FNg~~_12.jpg
$(KGrHqF,!i8E3Rk7!VUBBOGmtg8FNg~~_12.jpg (31.02 KiB) Viewed 9743 times
DOGON
Luke

Post by Luke »

Congratulations, there are a few nice pieces there.
Jeffrey Maxwell

Post by Jeffrey Maxwell »

@Ed. I would suggest the top ten hardest prizes to collect from that era are ones you and I have never seen. I have seen the shiva and the sea captain several times, so I don't think they would even come close to top ten. But I have never seen some of the Carey Cloud prizes that Luke mentioned. It is also likely that there are a lot of unassembled (maybe even assembled) plastic armables (put-togethers) that most collectors will never own, because there were so many different ones distributed in such a short period of time.