Will this never end????

This is a general discussion forum. (Open to All)
CJCAANNIE

Will this never end????

Post by CJCAANNIE »

Last night while at our local Rite Aid drugstore I spied a display with Cracker Jack bags dated 12/4/12. Surely, I thought, there must be new prizes by now. I just opened the bag and, well you guessed it, staring out at me, after opening the prize, was young Abe Lincoln.

Did we ever foresee a time when we'd open a bag and throw out the prize? Never but, alas, it has come to this.

That's it from Philadelphia!

Best regards all!
dianep2

Re: Will this never end????

Post by dianep2 »

I feel your pain, Ann!!!! And I just don't understand it. I don't think, in my lifetime, there will be new prizes. Frito Lay is sure losing money on CJ. If they would put out a new series of prizes, I would be buying up dozens and dozens of bags in a month. I haven't bought more than 3 or 4 bags in the last two or three years. How sad. :cry:
gsullivan

Post by gsullivan »

Hi All,
I purchased a box of Cracker Jack with the nostalgic wrapper at a Cracker Barrel in Nashville a couple weeks ago. The prize inside was was of the alphabet jigsaw puzzle pieces (see my Avatar). I was happy to get it as I like that series of prizes. It is fun to spell different words and phrases so I like some of the duplicate letters - can you spell Cracker Jack yet?

Like the other prizes, these have been around a long time now (first run was March of 2006), but I don't mind finding them.
dianep2

Post by dianep2 »

Thanks for the "heads-up" Gail. I knew the alphabet puzzle pieces were still in the Cracker Barrel CJ boxes. And you're right, they are a more exciting prize than what we are finding in the regular boxes of CJ. But, I still wish we could find something brand NEW!