Tin CJ pea whistle?

The place to ask your Cracker Jack Prize questions. (Open to All)
the fuse

Tin CJ pea whistle?

Post by the fuse »

Hi all,

I'm brand new to CJ collecting. I love tag sailing and flea markets and often find small possible CJ toys. I've always passed them by as I know nothing of them and am into larger vintage "boy toys". But I live in a 400 sq. ft. apt. and It's getting full. CJ collecting requires much less space!

I found this little pea whistle at a tag sale and could not resist. I can't find another example of it anywhere on the web. Can anyone please give me any information on it? It's unpainted tin with "Cracker Jack" stamped on it. I find plenty of CJ whistles but only plastic penny whistles and only tubular tin whistles.

Thanks,

Stuart
Attachments
20120722_22.JPG
20120722_22.JPG (59.38 KiB) Viewed 9276 times
20120722_21.JPG
20120722_21.JPG (77.6 KiB) Viewed 9276 times
20120722_20.JPG
20120722_20.JPG (82.61 KiB) Viewed 9276 times
Cyndy Boesch

Re: Tin CJ pea whistle?

Post by Cyndy Boesch »

Yes!!!! You found a bona fide Cracker Jack prize whistle--and made long before the plastic ones that are so prevalent. Welcome to our forum! As you have found, you can shop all day at a huge flea market, but the Cracker Jack prizes will never weigh you down. If you have not joined the Cracker Jack Collectors Association, do so and much more of the forum and Cracker Jack information will be available to you. Happy Collecting!
dianep2

Post by dianep2 »

:winnah: I second Cyndy's motion. Now that the Cracker Jack bug has infected you, you will definitely want to become a member of our Cracker Jack Collectors Association. You will really enjoy visiting all of our discussions on the website and receiving a quarterly newsletter. And next June you will knock yourself out to attend our annual convention.

Nice whistle and do visit again. :justdoit:
the fuse

Post by the fuse »

Thanks guys,

I appreciate the help.
I will now happily dig in those boxes of old "stuff" looking for the prizes.