Do you remember this, too? (Flav-R-Straws)

Reminiscing about old toys (non-CrackerJack), food and other things (Open to All)
dianep2

Re: Do you remember this, too? (Flav-R-Straws)

Post by dianep2 »

:)clap I'm with you! I can handle chocolate in any form. If it is chocolate, just bring it on! :banana: (Well actually, I wouldn't eat a chocolate covered banana. Sorry, I don't like bananas.)
Cyndy Boesch

Post by Cyndy Boesch »

Well, look what I found at Wal-Mart! Somebody else remembered these. I haven't tried them yet, so can't tell you how they taste. There are six straws in a package for $1.99. They are distributed by a company called FMMI in Minneapolis and have a web site:www.magicstraws.com.
Ironic that they are made in Hungary...
Attachments
milk straws.jpg
milk straws.jpg (78.76 KiB) Viewed 25834 times
milk2.jpg
milk2.jpg (76.4 KiB) Viewed 25834 times
Luke

Post by Luke »

That makes me want to drink my milk. :)-
dianep2

Post by dianep2 »

Gee, what a cute, happy, little cow on the packaging. Do tell us how they are, Cyndy. I was trying to read the nutrition facts but couldn't quite figure it out. How many calories and total fat? Sure sounds delicious.
Cyndy Boesch

Post by Cyndy Boesch »

They also make strawberry and cookies & cream, plus a vanilla, I think. The label is tiny, but it shows 16 calories per straw (!'m sure that is without the milk!) and no fat. 4 grams of carbohydrates (sugar). Still haven't tried them, but I will give you a taste report when I do.
dianep2

Post by dianep2 »

No fat is a good thing and with a glass of skim milk, it would still be no fat. Thanks for the nutritional information, Cyndy.
jdnola

Post by jdnola »

Cyndy, I guess I'm older than Sister D, too, because I remember both the Flav-R Straws (really gross, especially if you tore them apart and stuck you tongue to the concentrated flavor strip - and who didn't?) AND the straws with toys attached. I'm afraid I don't remember what they were called or even if they had a particular name, though. Didn't some of them have pinwheels on the end, or maybe that is something else entirely?
Cyndy Boesch

Post by Cyndy Boesch »

Thanks for remembering those, Jim. I had forgotten about pinwheels attached to the straws, but I definitely remember a wheel that you could blow on that made a delightful whirring noise!
dianep2

Post by dianep2 »

:|d Hi Cyndy and Jim,

Maybe the fact that I don't remember the straws has nothing to do with my age. Maybe I'm just culturally deprived. I must say, they don't sound very appetizing. Kind of like tasting the powder in a jar of Tang. %|