Anyone familiar with the Chad Drier collection?

This is a general discussion forum. (Open to All)
Donovan

Anyone familiar with the Chad Drier collection?

Post by Donovan »

An ebay seller has been listing hundreds of prizes from this collection over the past couple of weeks. Some really great early stuff also.
dianep2

Re: Anyone familiar with the Chad Drier collection?

Post by dianep2 »

:|p Sorry, Berean, I am not familiar with that collection. I hope someone else here on the forums can help you out. :) Good luck!
Luke

Post by Luke »

Someone from the auction house posted here about the collection a few weeks ago, you can read about it... CRACKER JACK COLLECTION 1800'S - 1990'S --Auction 7/28 in LA You'll find some photos and other information about it there.
dianep2

Post by dianep2 »

:foreheadslap: Oh yeah, I forgot about that. Thanks for refreshing my old memory, Luke. :angel:
Donovan

Post by Donovan »

Thanks Luke. That post seems odd though, in that it was a single day auction. I guess the ebay seller must have bought all or most of the collection at the 7/28 auction and is now dumping it on ebay.

Either way, there is some great stuff in this collection. I've picked up a few pieces in my area of collecting.

Anyone else get anything?
Luke

Post by Luke »

I have my eye on a few items, I'm hoping no one else notices them. :devil:
dianep2

Post by dianep2 »

Why Luke, you really are a little :devil:.

Good luck in securing the items you are hoping to add to your collection.

:angel: Sister Di
Luke

Post by Luke »

Last night e***e, e***j, and o***t outbid us on just about everything. That's OK, as I'm sure that one day we'll have what we need, and I'm glad that there are others that are as passionate about Carey Cloud's items as I am. So whoever they are, congrats on the win. We did pick up a Phony Penny, and what we believe is one of Cloud's rare Soup Bowls. The best part is, no one bid on the bowl, so the price was more than reasonable.
dianep2

Post by dianep2 »

:)clap Yea! Glad you were able to get a couple of the items you wanted, Luke. Soup bowl? That sounds neat. Bet you will be having some good old fashioned Campbell's Tomato Soup for lunch today. :banana:
spudgy

Post by spudgy »

I'm experiencing the same thing as you, Luke. I've placed bids on numerous auctions over the last couple of weeks but no matter how high I go, someone outbids me, ususally E***E. :cry: I've been the next highest bidder on the majority of my bids. Frustrating! I'm beginning to think that if I were to bid $100 on a $10 item, E***E would get it for $101. I guess I'll keep trying.

Is anybody else thinking the same as I am, that this collection would have been a GREAT opportunity for the owner to compile and sell pictures of all the items before selling them off. As a collector I would love to have a complete set of pictures like that because there are items in there that I've never seen before and may never see again.

That brings up another question. I'm assuming that if something shows up on eBay from this collection, it must be a genuine Cracker Jack item. If so, it may be a good way to determine what is and isn't a CJ. Has anyone seen any items from this collection that they know are NOT Cracker Jack items? I really hope some knowledgeble collectors will weigh in on that question.

Thanks.