Mystery Parrot in a Cage

The place to ask your Cracker Jack Prize questions. (Open to All)
spudgy

Mystery Parrot in a Cage

Post by spudgy »

:?: Okay folks, Here's another challenge for you. It's a put-together parrot in a cage. The parrot swivels around it's center perch. :?: It's 3/4" x 3/4" x 3/8".
Attachments
Unknown Parrot in Cage 002.JPG
Unknown Parrot in Cage 002.JPG (64.76 KiB) Viewed 12376 times
Unknown Parrot in Cage 006.JPG
Unknown Parrot in Cage 006.JPG (68.56 KiB) Viewed 12376 times
dianep2

Re: Mystery Parrot in a Cage

Post by dianep2 »

Wow, your parrot in a cage really is a mystery. What a neat little toy. My guess is NOT Cracker Jack but I am not the expert. I hope one of our experts replies to your post. CJ or not, it sure is cute. Thanks for showing us your little mystery.
Cyndy Boesch

Post by Cyndy Boesch »

I have this same put-together in red. I think it is Cracker Jack.
dianep2

Post by dianep2 »

:confused: Thanks, Cyndy. Like I said, I am not the expert. Now that I know it is Cracker Jack, I sure wish I had one. If you have a dup, save it for me.
spudgy

Post by spudgy »

Thanks Cyndy and Diane. Wouldn't it be nice if there was a complete, definitive catalog of every prize ever made? I personally have many toys that have the CJ look and feel but I keep holding them out of my displays for lack of proof, not to mention that I wouldn't know which series and date to put them in. Hmmmm. Maybe I shouldn't discriminate against a poor little toy just because of it's questionable pedigree. LOL.
Luke

Post by Luke »

1960's is all I can tell ya, as that's when the put-togethers were made. But take that with a grain of salt, as my expertise is rather limited with Cracker Jack prizes.
dianep2

Post by dianep2 »

:funny: Spudgy, I think a catalog like that would only appear in Cracker Jack Heaven but it is a wonderful thought. Yes, I guess we CJ collectors do have to own up to the fact that just maybe there are a few cute little toys out there that are not CJ. Hard to believe though.
gracecarriveau

Post by gracecarriveau »

For some reason it reminds me of a cereal premium. Although I don't know or remember why at the moment. :|p
dianep2

Post by dianep2 »

That is always a possibility, too. Any other opinions about the "bird in a cage" out there?
Luke

Post by Luke »

spudgy wrote:Wouldn't it be nice if there was a complete, definitive catalog of every prize ever made?
In a way we're working on that with our Study Groups. If there's something you wish to see, you could always start a new study group. Schools in session! Which reminds me, I have a new study group to make tonight. ;)