Info requested on very old Cracker Jack Prizes

The place to ask your Cracker Jack Prize questions. (Open to All)
Bethofvt

Info requested on very old Cracker Jack Prizes

Post by Bethofvt »

Hi, I know nothing about Cracker Jack prizes except that they have been in the boxes since 1912 and I remember the ones I got int he 1950s-60s. I have acquired a few very, very old Cracker Jack prizes, I believe given out before 1912, just given with each purchase by the merchant. They are metal puzzles and come in plain brown envelopes that measure 5" X 3". On the front of each envelope it gives the name of the puzzle, a picture of what it looks like and the solution. Each envelope says "FREE with each package of Cracker Jack or Checkers". I will try to attach a picture of one of them. Any info anyone could give me would be most appreciated.Image
Luke

Re: Info requested on very old Cracker Jack Prizes

Post by Luke »

The prize you have was made in the 1930's, and there were 15 different versions of it. The one you have is 13 in the series, as can be seen with the big #13 on the envelope. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Below is a picture of the envelope with the prize.
Attachments
13.jpg
13.jpg (28.84 KiB) Viewed 9026 times
Bethofvt

Post by Bethofvt »

Thank you Luke, I have several of them. I have #3, #5, #6, #8, #11 and two of the #13. All have their prizes in them, never used and like new. Do they have any value? Is there a name for the series?
Luke

Post by Luke »

I'm not sure what the prizes are worth, as this is outside my area of expertise. A few of these sold last week on eBay, but I didn't keep an eye on how much they sold for. Perhaps someone else might be able to answer your question.