***** 2009 CJCA Convention *****

This is a general discussion forum. (Open to All)
CJFLASH

Re: ***** 2009 CJCA Convention *****

Post by CJFLASH »

Way to go Gary and Judy!
Here are some more "YES" for the convention based on the room registration-
Bernie B.
Verle B.
Keith/Kathy
Gary G.
Robert/Nancy
David/Carol
Gretchen
Ann/Bill S.
Dennis/Sue
Ann/Bill B.
Stewart/Callie
Linda/Tom
Deb/Dale
Harriet/Fred
Mikie
Lori R.
Jerry/Betty
Diane P
Cyndy B.
Jim/April
Frank/Theresa
Nancy (me)
See you in June! NANCY
Ron Toth, Jr.

Post by Ron Toth, Jr. »

Unfortunately this {%#&Z*^X?/} economy will be keeping me from attending the convention this year. Better luck next year. No rest for the weary I guess, and no billion dollar bail out money headed this way. It sounds like it will be a great time for all as usual.

I wish everyone happy times.
Ron
<|:-)
Ron Toth, Jr. - Charter Member #2
Luke

Post by Luke »

GOING, GOING:
  • Cyndy B.
    Bernie B.
    Verle B.
    Ann/Bill B.
    Stewart/Callie C.
    Keith/Kathy C.
    Dennis/Sue D.
    Linda/Tom F.
    Gary G.
    Deb G. & Dale D.
    Gary & Judy H.
    Alex & Vicki J.
    Harriet & Fred J.
    Mike K.
    Robert/Nancy L.
    Jim/April M.
    Jerry/Betty N.
    Diane P.
    David/Carol R.
    Theresa & Frank R.
    Lori R.
    Nancy S.
    Gretchen S.
    Luke & Janet S.
    Ann/Bill S.
GONE (NO GO):
  • Ron T. Jr.
    Larry & Mary W.
RUMORED GOING (but not yet confirmed on this board)
  • Alan L.
cjmikie

Post by cjmikie »

It's no longer a rumor. It is quite factual that The CJMIKIE Mobile will make its way to Lower Michigan for the CJCA Convention. I heard there may be some homemade wine available to visitors to my temporary humble abode. I hope we have a session on working on this site for us who are not very knowledgeable on computers. For example I would like to glitz up my messages with pics. and smilies etc. HELP...................................

CJMIKIE
dianep2

Post by dianep2 »

<|:-) Hey Mikie, so glad you are going to be joining us at the Lakeside Inn. It wouldn't be a party without you. I'm also glad you have found your way to the forums. It is nice to hear from you.

:) Diane
dianep2

Post by dianep2 »

Here are a few photos which just might get you in the mood for our beach convention this coming June. I took these in Lakeside, Michigan when I was there vacationing a year and a half ago. This beach will definitely cause you to drool. :)- D.
beachvsm.jpg
beachvsm.jpg (45.7 KiB) Viewed 9978 times
beachtwi.vsm.jpg
beachtwi.vsm.jpg (41.21 KiB) Viewed 9978 times
vsmsunset.jpg
vsmsunset.jpg (22.11 KiB) Viewed 9978 times
CJCAANNIE

Post by CJCAANNIE »

Hi All,

Unfortunately Bill & I just had to cancel our Lakeside Inn reservation. Several things contributed to our not being able to attend this year. I have had a serious reduction in pay with the cancellation of monthly bonuses from the company I work for due to the economy and sales being down. Bill's carpenter's union is not putting any retired carpenters to work for the same reason. And, we have to go to Phoenix to attend our Niece's high school graduation (we've been there for the 3 other kids), in May.

Also, because the convention is in the middle of the week I would have to use 5 vacation days instead of 3 in previous years. The way our "PTO" or paid time off works is that we have a set amount of days for vacation, funeral, sick and whatever other time off we might need.

We'll miss everyone and wish you a great convention!!!!! Please post pictures so we can see them afterwards.

Fondly,
Ann (Brogley)
gsullivan

Post by gsullivan »

Hi All,

Mike and I will not be able to attend the convention this year again :cry: We look forward to "hearing" and "reading" all about it though. The photos certainly make it look enticing Diane! We'll miss you, but hope everyone has a great time! Gail
dianep2

Post by dianep2 »

Oh my gosh, Luke. I love your convention countdown on the CJCA Homepage. Right down to the seconds!!!!! :o I've got to run now. The seconds are flying by so fast, I think I had better start packing right now. See you at the Lakeside Inn in what seems like just a few minutes.

Bye for now.
dianep2

Post by dianep2 »

ATTENTION ALL CONVENTION ATTENDEES

If you have not already done so, you should begin preparing for the Second Annual Top Spinning Competition now. Begin looking through your collection of CJ tops and testing them for spinning longevity. Once you have selected your top, you must begin physical training to your shoulders, wrists, thumbs and forefingers. Agility in these body areas is imperative.

Last year's winner, Mr. Jerry Navone, overthrew the competition with his top which rotated for 57 seconds on a rough wood, linen tablecloth covered table. Mr. Stewart Callner, who was accompanied by his personal trainer, Mr. Larry White, came in second. In spite of the physical, emotional and mental support given to him by Mr. White, Mr. Callner's top fell to its side after 53 seconds.

In 2008 there were 16 competitors in this very exclusive competition. This year we are expecting, if not demanding, that all covention goers will participate. This year's winner will, no doubt, represent the USA in the very first Olympic top spinning event.

Below, you will view a photo of Mr. Navone receiving his one of a kind, very prestigious trophy from trophy presenter and CJ entrepreneur, Mr. Alex Jaramillo. Mr. CJ Mikie Kolodzyk appears to be "monkeying around" in the background. Next, you will see a photo of 2009's beautifully hand-crafted trophy. You may be the one to take this valuable and coveted prize home with you.

Be there or be square!

Diane Platek, Event Coordinator
Smwin3.jpg
Smwin3.jpg (55.67 KiB) Viewed 9780 times
smtro.jpg
smtro.jpg (76.6 KiB) Viewed 9781 times