Are all of these Cracker Jack?

The place to ask your Cracker Jack Prize questions. (Open to All)
kimeire

Are all of these Cracker Jack?

Post by kimeire »

I hope you can help identify these. I noticed that there are at least 2 that have Cracker Jack printed on them. Most of them are numbered. The big square with letters that is folded is not the whole alphabet.? I was afraid to open it all the way because there's a small area stuck together and I didn't want to take the chance of ripping it.
I saw a very similar set at:

http://www.timepassagesnostalgia.com/&p ... sfer+Prize

Any info at all will be much appreciated! Thank you for taking the time to look!
Kim
Attachments
DSC00561.JPG
DSC00561.JPG (897.01 KiB) Viewed 7484 times
DSC00560.JPG
DSC00560.JPG (865.71 KiB) Viewed 7484 times
CJironon1.jpg
CJironon1.jpg (1.05 MiB) Viewed 7484 times
Jeffrey Maxwell

Re: Are all of these Cracker Jack?

Post by Jeffrey Maxwell »

Great images, Kim!

The "tattoos" you have were a premium mail-away offer that came from The Cracker Jack Co. in an envelope with 26 different transfers. These transfers often were marked Cracker Jack, but not all. This was a very cheap and common tattoo (temporary transfer) format back in the day, so it is likely that stock tattoos were used in the mailings as well. As a result, it would be impossible to determine exactly which ones came from the mail-in offer -- unless you actually had the original envelope, such as the one Ron has on the link you gave. But it is possible that any of them were used for the promotion. Are they Cracker Jack prizes (in-pack prizes)? Probably not. They were premiums.

By the way, Ron Toth Jr, the owner of the "Time Passages" page to which you gave the link, is a charter member of the Cracker Jack Collectors Association. He might be able to help you with identifying more accurately what you have. His email is listed there.
:offtopic: Personal History: Ron is the first Cracker Jack collector I ever knew besides myself when I first started learning about the CJCA. I called him after seeing his Cracker Jack collection featured on the Personal FX television show about supercollectors. I absolutely loved that television series in the mid-1990s.