Need help to find those moving animals card

The place to ask your Cracker Jack Prize questions. (Open to All)
CJAAAJ

Re: Need help to find those moving animals card

Post by CJAAAJ »

Hello, deemakkinn :hiya:

Thank you for sharing your fantastic Canadian Cracker Jack Animal cards. They make a very impressive pictorial display when shown together as sets! :)clap
The CJCA needs people with your collecting skills, think about joining us! \:)/

CJAAAJ :nutty:
THE MORE YOU COLLECT, THE MORE YOU WANT!
centipede

Post by centipede »

I was glad to find this forum, because I'm crazy about the 3d cracker jack animal cards too and have been collecting them since my childhood (I still have my oiginal cards). Thank you deemakkinn, cindy and others that have posted about these cards. I used to buy the cracker jacks as a kid just to get the wildlife card...and it didn't hurt that I loved the cracker jacks too. I actually wrote the company hoping they would produce new sets for cracker jacks wildlife cards...but didn't get a response.

I am 5 cards away from having each of the first 2 sets 3 times each (a total of 114 cards). I have two kids so they will get one set each, and I will keep one. Right now I need 2 jackals, 2 lions and one rocky mountain cougar.

I need one card (the giraffe) to complete the third series (the moving cracker jack cards). I'm not as big a fan of the moving series as the first two series so I will have only the one set, plus about 8 cards towards a second set.

My next quest will be the 16 card Kellogg's set (14 of the cards are the same as the cracker jack sets but the panther and orang utan are not).

In addition, "there is another". Yes, there is a Shell Oil 3d wildlife set. It is a 16 card set that is larger than the cracker jack cards. Many of the images from the Shell Oil set are the identical ones that were used in the Cracker Jack sets, but some are different. Its like taking the Cracker Jack cards and enlarging them to about double the size. I need only one elephant to have 3 of the Shell Oil Sets (48 cards in total).

I hope this inspires some other collectors, its fun to be able to post about a collection that I enjoy so much. :humbsip:
Luke

Post by Luke »

Hiya Pete! It's great that you found your way to our forums, and I'm glad to hear you're doing well with your collection. There's very few things as exhilarating as finding those last few items to complete a series. Best of luck!
dianep2

Post by dianep2 »

Thank you for teaching me a thing or two about the sets of animal cards. I had no idea Kellogg and Shell Oil gave out the cards as well as Cracker Jack. Thank you, too, for sharing your collecting enthusiasm with all of us. Please come back again very soon.

Welcome to our forum! :)lol
deemakkinn

Post by deemakkinn »

Hi everyone, just to share again :D
I also found the Australia collection of 3d animals cards from Kellogg's, about the same
as Cracker Jack ones !! :mrgreen: :lol: :D

enjoy
Attachments
Australia collection.jpg
Australia collection.jpg (820.49 KiB) Viewed 12866 times
Luke

Post by Luke »

Thanks for the update, they look great. Out of curiosity, how are you displaying them? Do have them in a picture frame, or do you keep them hidden in a drawer?
deemakkinn

Post by deemakkinn »

keep them in plastic slide sheet, in a binder, safely :D
Cyndy Boesch

Post by Cyndy Boesch »

Does anyone know anything about these animal picture cards? They are obviously Canadian, due to the French translation on the back. They are 2" square, on kind of a heavy cardboard and just photos, not lenticular cards.
Attachments
Animal picture cards.jpg
Animal picture cards.jpg (114.34 KiB) Viewed 12823 times
animalbacks.jpg
animalbacks.jpg (99.89 KiB) Viewed 12823 times
lina

Post by lina »

good evening everyone! I need help completing the nine missing cards 3d animal cracker jack 1975-85 collection here in Quebec, Canada, that would be nice to tell us where to find the missing cards, I'd be willing to trade against the cards I do not have to complete the 3 series, I love the cards because many wildlife and beautiful images of these wild animals. Thank you and hope to talk here writing by giving us your news :)
Lina
Luke

Post by Luke »

Hiya Lina, and welcome to the forums. I don't have any of this series to trade or sell. If others don't have the ones you need, eBay is probably your best bet, if you have the patience to wait for it. Best of luck!