Knotts Berry Farm Souvenir Photograph

Old Cracker Jack Photos (Open to All)
Ron Toth, Jr.

Knotts Berry Farm Souvenir Photograph

Post by Ron Toth, Jr. »

Here is an old souvenir photograph that was taken at the Ghost Town Picture Gallery at Knotts Berry Farm, Buena Park, California. It is not dated but it is believed to be from the 1920s or 1930s. It has two women and a child seated in a photo scene with a conestoga wagon background and painted wood oxen or cows in the front. What makes this photo special is that the cute child just happened to be eating out of a box of Cracker Jack at the time it was taken.
Ron Toth, Jr. - Charter Member #2
dianep2

Re: Knotts Berry Farm Souvenir Photograph

Post by dianep2 »

Oh my gosh, that is an adorable picture, Ron. Thanks for sharing it with us. How did you ever come across that photo?
Ron Toth, Jr.

Post by Ron Toth, Jr. »

Luke,
Hello!
I don't remember exactly where I found this one. I've had it for some time. With this type of a souvenir photo there may have been an option to have a post card back when they purchased it making it a real photo post card. There are many more like it to come. I don't know if you saw them yet, but I posted a few others as well.
Ron
Ron Toth, Jr. - Charter Member #2
larrydw

Post by larrydw »

The Knott's Berry Farm photo is probably from the 1940s and is from their original "Ghost Town" that they built to amuse their customers waiting to eat at their restaurant famous for their chicken dinners. They also developed the boysenberry during the 1930s and all boysenberries can trace tehir origin back to Knott's Berry Farm.
Just a bit of trivia that is cluttering this brain and crowding out otherwise useful space with useless information.