Prize box or not?

The place to ask your Cracker Jack Prize questions. (Open to All)
Max1

Prize box or not?

Post by Max1 »

Found the attached pictures box at the estate sale of long-time antique collector? What is it , date?
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (97.2 KiB) Viewed 13264 times
Luke

Re: Prize box or not?

Post by Luke »

Welcome the CJCA forums.

I don't collect Cracker Jack boxes, so I'm no expert, but I'll offer my 2 cents.

The colors are so bright, and the white of the box is so clean, that it appears to be a replica box. In the past there have been companies that made these boxes as props for television and movies. It's possible that this might be one of those.

There is something odd about your box. The slogan "The New Confection" in the lower right corner, is different from the slogan that is usually there, which is "The Famous Confection". Tonight, I'll dig out Larry White's book on Cracker Jack advertising collectibles and will see if there's a box similar to yours.
CJAAAJ

Post by CJAAAJ »

Hello, :hiya:

Welcome to our fun CJCA forum! :)clap

I tend to agree with Luke's conclusions on this box but I would like a few more details about the box to be 100% sure: :|p

1. What are the 3-D size dimensions, in inches?

2. Could you take a photo and post it on the forum of the other side of the box?

3. Has the box been opened? If not does it rattle?

CJAAAJ :nutty:
THE MORE YOU COLLECT, THE MORE YOU WANT!
Max1

Post by Max1 »

Box does not appear to have a way to seal itself shut on the open end -- more like a flap that folds over, not two flaps that would be glued together. Measures approx. 3 5/8" x 1 3/4".
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (71.39 KiB) Viewed 13215 times
Donovan

Post by Donovan »

Looks like a modern repo. CJ sold new boxes of product in these retro boxes just a couple of years ago. I bought several myself.
Ron Toth, Jr.

Post by Ron Toth, Jr. »

I had already discussed this small Cracker Jack box with this eBay seller. This is a small box that I had created for the Danbury Mint "Little Jack" doll in 1996. Also created was a reproduced prize, paperwork, etc.. The same goes for their other doll "Little Slugger". Obviously it became separated from the doll and someone is missing it. I convinced the seller to add the information to his listing. It is currently on eBay again. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cracker-Jack-Ca ... 3a9e2f2d50
Ron Toth, Jr. - Charter Member #2