Cowboy and Indian Stand Ups

The place to ask your Cracker Jack Prize questions. (Open to All)
Donovan

Cowboy and Indian Stand Ups

Post by Donovan »

I got these in a CJ lot some time ago. I've never seen any others and they don't match any known CJ prizes. No markings on base. They're about the same size as the smaller NOSCO pieces, blue NOSCO cowboy for comparison. They're also thinner than the NOSCO piece. They have nice marbleization which suggests late 40's early 50's.

Any ideas what they might be?
Attachments
IMG_1087.JPG
IMG_1087.JPG (145.71 KiB) Viewed 8630 times
spudgy

Re: Cowboy and Indian Stand Ups

Post by spudgy »

Larry's book on CD lists two different Indian Chiefs under the same number, F-4840-3. The one on the far left (with a bow but without a Chief's headdress) in the attached picture is listed as having a base that is 0.81 x 0.32 whereas the one on the right (holding a bow) is 0.65 x 0.25. I have wondered why there are two different Indians with the same number. Maybe Larry or another more knowledgeable member can shed some light on this mystery.
Attachments
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (26.68 KiB) Viewed 8614 times
Donovan

Re: Cowboy and Indian Stand Ups

Post by Donovan »

Thanks spudgy, looks like you have the indian too.

I see what you mean about the 4840 listing in the CJ book. Larry has the 1170 series spread across several sections though.

These pieces look and feel substantially different than any 1170 series pieces, so I really feel they can't be part of that series, even though it may be listed that way.

The closest look and feel of these pieces seem to be the NOSCO Circus or 1144 series, although they are even thinner than those sets.

Maybe they're a 2 piece stand alone set, kind of like the F-0540 batter and drum major, which go together but are the only two in the set. I dunno, more mysteries of Cracker Jack. :) Maybe Jeffery or Larry can comment on these.