Cracker Jack Hot Wheels Car 1979 Base?

The place to ask your Cracker Jack Prize questions. (Open to All)
lurch4711

Cracker Jack Hot Wheels Car 1979 Base?

Post by lurch4711 »

Hi - I am trying to find some info on this 32 Ford Coupe Hot Wheels car adorned with Cracker Jack imagery. It's on a 1979 Hot Wheels Thailad base (so may or may not be from 1979, but is from that era). Does anyone know what year it was from? Was this some kind of mail-in premium from Cracker Jack? Or...? Thanks!

dianep2

Re: Cracker Jack Hot Wheels Car 1979 Base?

Post by dianep2 »

:o Wow Lurch, That is a very neat vehicle. I have never seen one of those. Where did you find it? Unfortunately, I can not give you any information about it but maybe on of our more knowledgeable collectors will see your post and reply. I hope so because I would also like to know more about it. :|p

Thank you so much for visiting our Cracker Jack Collectors forums, Lurch. Come and see us again :!:
:hiya:
lurch4711

Post by lurch4711 »

Thanks! A friend of mine actually picked it up, I think at an estate sale, and was asking me about it, since we deal with a lot of vintage toys. I wasn't familiar with it, and got pointed here by someone else, which was kind of neat because I also collect premiums (including some Cracker Jack, but more cereal and radio).
Luke

Post by Luke »

In the early 80's in specially marked Cracker Jack it was possible to win Hot Wheels, Barbie Dolls, or even an RV. I always assumed that the Hot Wheels cars were unmarked, but to be honest I'm clueless about them.

Have you tried a forum for Hot Wheel collectors? If you do find out more information on the car, please let us know.
Donovan

Post by Donovan »

Looks like the model called 3-window '34. Here's the Hotwheels wiki page: http://hotwheels.wikia.com/wiki/3-Windo ... tRedRR.JPG

I don't see the Cracker Jack variation however. If it's not on the wiki, that means it's probably scarce, but to be honest, it would have limited appeal to hot wheels collectors.

It's obviously some type of promotional item but I doubt it was ever placed in CJ boxes. It could have been some type of bucket or multi-pack promotion. Who knows. Interesting piece though.
Ron Toth, Jr.

Post by Ron Toth, Jr. »

Someone is making these. They are not from Cracker Jack and they are new. They are pretty deceiving to those who do not know. They are taking new Hot Wheels cars and just applying stickers or labels. Different ones have been offered on eBay for some time now. Also larger old metal toy trucks are getting stickers applied on them. the same goes for old vending machines and even gum ball machines as well. Just recently I sw someone who is imprinting old CJ ads and many others on small metal boxes. Cracker Jack could stop many of these if they had an active licensing department again.
Ron Toth, Jr. - Charter Member #2