"Cracker Jerk" patch and a Cracker Jack lawsuit?

This is a general discussion forum. (Open to All)
Auralyte

"Cracker Jerk" patch and a Cracker Jack lawsuit?

Post by Auralyte »

HI! I'm new to the forum and not a collector YET - SUCH cool stuff! - (I absolutely NEED another collection, of course!) but I have a couple of questions that are remotely connected to Cracker Jack. From what I've read in the questions and answers in the forums, this seems like a very aware and resourceful group. I KNOW someone will have some bit of information about my queries!
#1: back in the remote past, say in the '60's or so, did the company ever sue or threaten to sue the manufacturer of a sticker or patch (using the figure of Jack) for essentially using the brand logo and the phrase, "Cracker Jerk"?
And #2: does anyone know anything about a vintage embroidered applique "Cracker Jerk" patch? It is similar to a 'Wacky Package' trading card from the 1st series in the late 1960's. The patch measures 3.5" x 1.75" and is a sew-on only patch, although I believe there was an embroidered patch like the one about which I'm inquiring that had an 'iron-on' backing as well.
I found this patch at an estate sale and despite hours of research cannot find much about it, although it seems to me to have been made in the late 1960's in the US. My daughter is selling it on eBay as we speak but we have had many interesting discussions on it. I am attaching the eBay address in case someone wants to see what it looks like. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Wacky-P ... SwJkJWioVQ
I'd sure appreciate any information on either question!
Cyndy Boesch

Re: "Cracker Jerk" patch and a Cracker Jack lawsuit?

Post by Cyndy Boesch »

Hi and welcome to the forum! I have seen your patch on ebay and can't really tell you anything about it, except as you know, it has the Wacky Packages look. I have never heard of a lawsuit like you mention. Sorry I can't be of more help, but I am certain the Cracker Jack company had nothing to do with the patch.