Found another Shiva on Ebay.

This is a general discussion forum. (Open to All)
edteach

Found another Shiva on Ebay.

Post by edteach »

Well I ran across a good buy on a shiva. How many is too many.
Attachments
Shiva Crackerjack 2016.jpg
Shiva Crackerjack 2016.jpg (131.42 KiB) Viewed 13198 times
Cyndy Boesch

Re: Found another Shiva on Ebay.

Post by Cyndy Boesch »

Never too many!
Luke

Post by Luke »

Can you have too many??? That's a problem I'd like to have. Grats on finding another one!
dianep2

Post by dianep2 »

edteach,

You should ask fellow CJCA collector, Stewart Callner, how many are too many. He has a whole bunch of them which he brought to convention last week but please know, they are not for sale. Shiva is his favorite plastic prize.

Happy Shiva hunting! :)clap
edteach

Post by edteach »

dianep2 wrote:edteach,

You should ask fellow CJCA collector, Stewart Callner, how many are too many. He has a whole bunch of them which he brought to convention last week but please know, they are not for sale. Shiva is his favorite plastic prize.

Happy Shiva hunting! :)clap
I am only at 11 now but they are hard to find. They are a bit more fragile than some of the other prizes.
Stewart Callner

Post by Stewart Callner »

I think I have 47 of them. Here's a link to the USA Today video from the convention, and my display case with the Shivas is shown, along with my thumbs.
http://www.usatoday.com/videos/news/nat ... /84356010/
The thing that attracted me to this prize is it's size (besides it's political incorrectness).
It was so large that it would not feed easily through the mechanisms that placed toys in the boxes in 1954, the year of it's issue (don't forget, these were wrapped in cellophane at the time).
As a result, they were pulled and were only found for a short time, making them much scarcer, and thus more expensive, than most of the other plastic prizes.
The other exceptional plastic prize is the sea captain that was mistaken for Stalin, and also pulled after a short run, resulting in scarceness and expensiveness (if that's a word).
edteach

Post by edteach »

Stewart Callner wrote:I think I have 47 of them. Here's a link to the USA Today video from the convention, and my display case with the Shivas is shown, along with my thumbs.
http://www.usatoday.com/videos/news/nat ... /84356010/
The thing that attracted me to this prize is it's size (besides it's political incorrectness).
It was so large that it would not feed easily through the mechanisms that placed toys in the boxes in 1954, the year of it's issue (don't forget, these were wrapped in cellophane at the time).
As a result, they were pulled and were only found for a short time, making them much scarcer, and thus more expensive, than most of the other plastic prizes.
The other exceptional plastic prize is the sea captain that was mistaken for Stalin, and also pulled after a short run, resulting in scarceness and expensiveness (if that's a word).
Great info. I look for them from time to time on Ebay. Never found one outside of that arena. The size is indeed a cool aspect of this prize. The religious incorrectness is another. If it were Muslim I would most likely not collect it, but that is just me. The color is another thing,most that I see are red or some shade of deep pink. I have a green, yellow and blue but most I have and see are some shade of red. Most I see for sale run about 15 bucks. Its not my only collectable so I don't pick up every one I see at that price. This last one was 5 bucks so I grabbed it. One for sale right now with some Asian CJ figures on ebay right now for 17. Here is the link if anyone needs one to fill their collection, http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-CRACKER ... SwUdlWc0xI
Luke

Post by Luke »

Have y'all dipped the Shivas in chrome, and made hood ornaments out of them yet?
edteach

Post by edteach »

Luke wrote:Have y'all dipped the Shivas in chrome, and made hood ornaments out of them yet?
We could call it the Hinducoup
Luke

Post by Luke »

Stewart Callner wrote:The other exceptional plastic prize is the sea captain that was mistaken for Stalin, and also pulled after a short run, resulting in scarceness and expensiveness (if that's a word).
True, but there's also a certain collector who's name starts with "A" and ends with "X" that has hundreds of them, making them even rarer. That makes finding them even more precious.