Cracker Jack Shipping Box

This is a general discussion forum. (Open to All)
007CJuser

Cracker Jack Shipping Box

Post by 007CJuser »

First, Thank you for accepting me into your group, CJCA. I found you while researching Cracker Jack items I recently inherited. There is one item I am now in possession of which I haven't seemed to be able to pinpoint information about... cardboard shipping boxes. Where can I find more info on these? I have an old empty cardboard CJ shipping box/crate for 100pkgs (which I assume was delivered to my great grandparent's grocery store) and cannot find information on containers of this nature. Are there any experts in this field or resources other than CJCA I should be looking into? Any genuine advice will help. I am new to the CJ collecting world. Thank you.
Cyndy Boesch

Re: Cracker Jack Shipping Box

Post by Cyndy Boesch »

Larry White published a book, "Cracker Jack, The Unauthorized Guide to Advertising Collectibles", that would be a great help to you. It is a Schiffer book; the ISBN # is: 0-7643-0643-X. Perhaps your library can get a copy through inter-library loan, if you can't find a copy. We would love to see any pictures you have of the collection you inherited. Happy to hear from you.
007CJuser

Post by 007CJuser »

What helpful advice to locate a copy of Larry White's book through my library system, Cyndy! Thank you so much!

I am going to attempt to attach a picture of my shipping box. I would guess that it is post-1922. I believe I read that is when 'Cracker Jack Co.' came to exist & since I'm new to this, let me know if you believe I guessed right or wrong on the date. Would love to see any other cardboard shipping boxes.

007CJuser

Post by 007CJuser »

Not a great quality photo but it is a miracle I managed to figure out how to share a photo so others can see it... If you are able to see the Cracker Jack shipping box image, please feel free to let me know and chime in. I would love to see others if there are members in CJCA who have acquired similar CJ items! Again, thanks for having me here.

dianep2

Post by dianep2 »

Hi there,
We are so happy you shared your CJ Shipping box with us. It is a real treasure. Yes, I hope you will be able to find a copy of Larry White's book which you would find helpful. And you did a great job of posting a photo of your box. It has come through loud and clear.

Do come and see us again. We would love to see more of your inheritance.

Diane :hiya:
Cyndy Boesch

Post by Cyndy Boesch »

Thanks for posting that wonderful image! Like, you, I think your shipping box came from the 1920's to 1930's. I am leaning more toward early 30's, as that was the era when the word "novelty" was mostly used, instead of "prize". We'd love to see more. What a family treasure!