Cracker Jack Goose Game

The place to ask your Cracker Jack Prize questions. (Open to All)
Rx-Museumist

Cracker Jack Goose Game

Post by Rx-Museumist »

Does anyone know anything about this little card game?
Attachments
Z-1000-1.jpg
Z-1000-1.jpg (2.09 MiB) Viewed 8737 times
Luke

Re: Cracker Jack Goose Game

Post by Luke »

I've never seen this before. Are there cards with letters from A to Z? The directions mention cards with no letters, how many of those are there? The rules of the game seem similar to Old Maid, but I haven't played that in over 50 years, so I could be wrong about that. Below is the text from your picture, I can't quite make out the second to the last word. Amy guesses?

Cracker Jack Goose Game
Directions
The cards are to be shuffled and dealt out so that each player receives an equal number. Then each player must draw a card from the other in turn and those who have two cards with the same letter can lay them aside, excepting the cards bearing no letters. Whoever holds these cards at the end of the game, must ray??e forfeit.
Cyndy Boesch

Post by Cyndy Boesch »

This is just a fabulous find! I don't have it, but the directions do sound like "Old Maid", to me.
Rx-Museumist

Post by Rx-Museumist »

I have no idea if I have the full deck or not. There are 2 cards each marked A thru F. The picture is different on each card. There are two goose cards, one male, one female (by the clothes they are wearing) with no letters and one with a man running with a goose under each arm. The last three words on the directions on the envelope are: risk a forfeit. Backs of all cards are blank.
Cyndy Boesch

Post by Cyndy Boesch »

This post had been bugging me, as it did seem like I had this game, but it didn't show up on my inventory. But I looked at an old version of my inventory, and it was listed! Then, I had to go on a wild search to find it! I did and it has the same identical cards as yours: doubles of A through F and three more cards without letters. The last words on the directions on mine say "or must pay a forfeit". I added back into my inventory!
Rx-Museumist

Post by Rx-Museumist »

Good to know I have the full game. Any idea about a year? Or a Larry White number? Thanks.
Cyndy Boesch

Post by Cyndy Boesch »

I am wondering the same thing. I don't know a year and can't find it in Larry's book. Let me know if you do.
Rx-Museumist

Post by Rx-Museumist »

Will do. Thanks.