Sailor Jack and Bingo

This is a general discussion forum. (Open to All)
Luke

Sailor Jack and Bingo

Post by Luke »

I can't believe the CJCA Convention is almost upon us. I'm getting very antsy with anticipation. So to calm my nerves, I've started working on Sailor Jack and Bingo. Only 68 days left. :)

Luke

Re: Sailor Jack and Bingo

Post by Luke »

A little color for the face...

Luke

Post by Luke »

Cleaned up the face a bit...

dianep2

Post by dianep2 »

Oh how beautiful, Luke. I enjoyed seeing your art work at last June's convention. In fact, one day you were sitting in the lobby of the Embassy Suites sketching and I just happened to be standing behind you. This was before I knew who you were but when I peeked over your shoulder and saw the Cloud prizes you were drawing, I knew you were one of us. Luke have you studied art or is this all a God-given talent?

Drawing would not calm me but it is sure better than a fistful of valium chased with a bottle of wine. I think. :|d
Luke

Post by Luke »

I'll try to give you the short answer. I've always wanted to learn to draw, but never thought I could. I was a computer guy, and my world revolved around programming and databases. A couple of years ago I started to have dreams about art. So with encouragement from a very supportive wife, I started taking drawing classes and computer art classes. I'm sure that I had to have inherited the talent from Gr. Grandpa Carey.

Here's a bit more of Sailor Jack. Perhaps this will be the poster on my hotel room door.
Luke

Post by Luke »

dianep2

Post by dianep2 »

What a wise woman Janet is!!! I'm sure your door decoration will be the best one there! You are so very generous to share your computer and artistic talents with your fellow CJ collectors. And your Avatar is really cool. :humbsip:
Luke

Post by Luke »

Thanks for the kind word Diane, Janet is amazing.

I wish I had a better picture of Sailor Jack and Bingo. The picture I have is very bad, and I can't tell if Jack's hat has a ball on it, or if it's a smudge on the picture. I think I'll stop here, and call this one finished.
dianep2

Post by dianep2 »

Your finished piece is beautiful! :acclaim:
cjmikie

Post by cjmikie »

:waytogo: LUKE!!!!!!!!!!,
I too appreciate good artwork. I also agree with Sister Di and appreciate you sharing your talents with us. My late wife and my daughter have that talent. I can do tecnical drawing of cells and microorganisms that are OK. You unfortunatly missed some of the Christmaws cards :banana: she did. I like the additions of the new smilies. Soon it will be <|:-) with wine and cheese as long as it lasts in my room. There is still time to enter the CJMIKIE avatar contest!!
:nutty: CJMIKIE :foreheadslap: :-| ||