A Tribute to Moms

Cracker Jack toys and the holidays (Open to All)
dianep2

Re: A Tribute to Moms

Post by dianep2 »

Ron, now you really win the prize for "Awesome Tribute to Mom" posting. :)clap Thank you for your contribution. How cute :!:
Luke

Post by Luke »

:lotsoflove: Some mom's have so much love, they adopt. :lotsoflove:
gsullivan

Post by gsullivan »

:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:
Attachments
Best Mom.jpg
Best Mom.jpg (33.9 KiB) Viewed 18929 times
dianep2

Post by dianep2 »

Aw Luke, you are absolutely right. Now I think maybe you win the prize for "Best Tribute to Mom." What a loving Mom that giraffe is to her adopted baby. And your prize is Gail's trophy. :superstar:
larrydw

Post by larrydw »

Well B.O. Plenty and Gravel Gertie did not make the vacuform list of parents, but shine as she did, Sparkle Plenty, did. Not necessarily a mom, but . . . . Ah, Dick Tracy, where is Sam Katchum when you need him ? ? ? ?

dianep2

Post by dianep2 »

Larry, Maybe Sparkle Plenty is a mom and none of us knew it.

The Mom below is a very wise and loving mom. Her little one is lucky enough to receive a hug and a box of Cracker Jack. \:)/ Kind of makes the chore of helping out with the sheep herding worth the effort. By the way, does anyone know the origin of this drawing? I always thought it was just precious. :love:
SmDraw.jpg
SmDraw.jpg (61.12 KiB) Viewed 18900 times
gsullivan

Post by gsullivan »

Oh my gosh Diane! That CJ box just seems so out of place in that pastoral setting. Are you sure you haven't been fooling us all along and secretly you are a photoshop expert :lol: The setting looks from the rock like it could be Australia, but then the scarf on the mother looks more South American or Southwestern. The child is a lucky one indeed! The box appears to be a Borden-era box. Is it an actual drawing? or painting? Where ever did you find it? Thanks for sharing :winnah:
larrydw

Post by larrydw »

Hey Diane,
Who is the artist? Looks like the signature is "Kitty" ? ? ? ? Maybe you can Google the artist and find out more about the painting????
dianep2

Post by dianep2 »

Thank you for your comments Gail and Larry. Yes Larry, I did google the artist's name right after I uploaded the drawing on the forum earlier today. The artist's name is Marvin Toddy. Mr. Toddy was born in 1954 on a Navajo reservation in Arizona. As of the writing of the article I read, he currently lives in Window Rock, AZ. The CJ box drawing was done in 1984. That date is under his signature on the drawing. Mr.Toddy's drawings are all of Native Americans and their culture. The article I read had pictures of three of his drawings but not the CJ picture.

As for how I acquired this picture, Betty Goff had a copy at the 1999 CJCA convention. She showed it to me and others. I adored it so much, Betty was kind enough to make an 8x10 copy and mail it to me later. That same year, Betty even used the picture as the front of her Christmas card. She was generous enough to send me one of those as well. I asked Betty where she ever found the drawing and she told me but as luck would have it, I have now forgotten. I do remember she just saw it somewhere and picked it up. Like maybe at some sort of vendor's show or something. I have my copy framed and hanging in one of my CJ rooms. So Gail, I must confess, I am not a photoshop expert. :shock: But I am thrilled that I almost had you convinced I am. :lol:

If anyone would like a copy, I would be happy to copy my copy and send it off to you. Just let me know. Hey, how about if we plan a convention in Arizona and maybe we can look up Mr. Toddy! :|d
Last edited by dianep2 on Sun Apr 19, 2009 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dianep2

Post by dianep2 »

P.S. According to my Atlas, Window Rock is in northeast Arizona right on the border of New Mexico. It appears to be just a few miles south of Fort Defiance. Population: 3,059. OK kids, that is the end of my lecture for today. :hiya: