Looking for older original tin ware

This is a general discussion forum. (Open to All)
Clfunderburk

Looking for older original tin ware

Post by Clfunderburk »

Hi. This is the first time I have ever asked for information on this subject. Frederick Rueckheim is my 3x great grandfather. I am looking for any tin containers or really just anything that would be from the original first couple years of C.J. My grandfather Jack and I always tried to find things, but we could only get so far. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Christian L.Funderburk
Cyndy Boesch

Re: Looking for older original tin ware

Post by Cyndy Boesch »

Please consider joining CJCA! We already have one member who is a Rueckheim relative. Do you have Larry White's book, "Cracker Jack Toys"? The early chapters will give you lots of things to look for. I assume you are already watching eBay. Best of luck--we love Rueckheim stuff, too!
dianep2

Re: Looking for older original tin ware

Post by dianep2 »

Hi Christian,
We are so happy to have you visit our CJCA forums. I hope you will heed Cyndy's advice and consider actually joining our association. Cyndy mentioned Larry White's first book, "Cracker Jack Toys" as a source for you. Larry wrote a second book titled "Cracker Jack, The Unauthorized Guide to Advertising Collectibles." This book has great photos and information concerning Rueckheim tins and other packaging. Between the two books, I'm sure you would have a great time learning more about your 3X great grandfather.
Please do keep in touch and good luck with your search!
Diane